The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife and I attended Cadets brass camp yesterday. Had some good conversations with some people on the inside of things. Many involved with the corps right now are taking positive steps to help the C

As I try to fight back tears, since my students are in the room right now as I read all this, all I can say right now is...  Thank God for DCP.  Reading here and seeing this conversation tak

I felt nauseated reading this.  Fear for the activity, this needs to be exposed and dealt with not just at Cadets but everywhere, but I’m so scared it’s going to overwhelm the whole activity.  Sadness

100% speculation...I'm curious how long it finally took yea to turn off the "YEA" credit cards that GH was using...I wonder if GH had the gall to also use them for personal consumption after being let go...It would not surprise me...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Liahona said:

100% speculation...I'm curious how long it finally took yea to turn off the "YEA" credit cards that GH was using...I wonder if GH had the gall to also use them for personal consumption after being let go...It would not surprise me...

But he really, really cares about the kids...::eye roll::

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I read the article. The advice the entire faculty received at a district I worked for from 1989-1991 in a presentation by the district lawyer was to NOT touch students. PERIOD. There are ways to demonstrate and get things done without touching, and you need to develop those skills and use them. If I can do it, anyone can. It takes some thought, and maybe some more effort. But, it prevents situations like that from happening. If it meant the band missed out on a BoA medal because I didn't touch anyone... I'd rather still have my integrity hanging around my neck, thank you very much. :satisfied:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, Liahona said:

That is not usually how these type of lawsuits go down IMO...the organization that has the money is always brought into it...

Then they better sue the Blue Devils, not the Cadets.   :whistle:    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
42 minutes ago, Liahona said:

That is not usually how these type of lawsuits go down IMO...the organization that has the money is always brought into it...

For some additional info on lawsuits, damages, that a victim(s) might pursue, liability policies of all sorts ( Professional, Commercial, etc ) almost without exception exclude coverages for such things as Intentional Wronging, Illegal Acts, Malicious/ and or Fraudulent Acts of Omission, and so forth. Insurance is not designed to protect and indemnify intentional criminality ( of course.. naturally ). As such,  financial damages that can be won in Civil lawsuit Cases by victim(s) of crimes often lead to recovery of the financial demands made by the Court with the recovery of the value set of the financial damages thru the liquidation and sale of tangible assets on the part of the Individual and/ or the Organization. .  

Edited by BRASSO
25 minutes ago, BigW said:

I read the article. The advice the entire faculty received at a district I worked for from 1989-1991 in a presentation by the district lawyer was to NOT touch students. PERIOD. There are ways to demonstrate and get things done without touching, and you need to develop those skills and use them. If I can do it, anyone can. It takes some thought, and maybe some more effort. But, it prevents situations like that from happening. If it meant the band missed out on a BoA medal because I didn't touch anyone... I'd rather still have my integrity hanging around my neck, thank you very much. :satisfied:

I read it too and kept thinking where the hell was a third person who could be a witness. Being around young people like this should never come down to he said/she said. Dumb move if no other adults were around. Lot of places that have adults around kids mandate always two adults to protect both sides

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2
  • Toby locked this topic