The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

45 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

I just saw a "support for George Hopkins" page on Facebook. :laughing:

Gross

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife and I attended Cadets brass camp yesterday. Had some good conversations with some people on the inside of things. Many involved with the corps right now are taking positive steps to help the C

As I try to fight back tears, since my students are in the room right now as I read all this, all I can say right now is...  Thank God for DCP.  Reading here and seeing this conversation tak

I felt nauseated reading this.  Fear for the activity, this needs to be exposed and dealt with not just at Cadets but everywhere, but I’m so scared it’s going to overwhelm the whole activity.  Sadness

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Just a thought - someone should drive over to the house, knock on the door, get the keys, and drive the car back.  Has anyone even attempted that?  I doubt that GH feels like driving back to the office and dropping the car off.  "Hey, you..you look good....how ya been?...."   No, I suppose he won't be showing his face anywhere near there, so someone best go and retrieve the car.  

Forgive me but I don’t care how he feels.  He put himself in this predicament.  

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Tim K said:

When it comes to criminal wrongdoing, there can be many variables.

First, for a criminal case to be opened, there is not much that can be done unless one of the accusers files a charge in the state where the incident took place. 

Accusers/victims don't file criminal charges. Only a municipal, state or federal attorney can do that.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Hmmm...I wonder what type of retirement he has with YEA, pension or 403(b) account.

Even OJ kept his pension. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

And loose all the content without a curated review? Probably not the best approach. Efficient... yes. Effective... maybe not.

What’s so valuable and irreplaceable there that’s worth the manpower to slog through hundreds of video? That hasn’t been saved and/or copied a hundred times already? This is a new beginning. Let’s break free from the constraints of the past while holding on to the traditions that truly matter. Let it go!

3 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Even OJ kept his pension. 

That’s true and it was protected from a civil judgment against him. 

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s true and it was protected from a civil judgment against him. 

Retirement $$$ are often more difficult to access than "regular" assets.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, wallace said:

What’s so valuable and irreplaceable there that’s worth the manpower to slog through hundreds of video? That hasn’t been saved and/or copied a hundred times already? This is a new beginning. Let’s break free from the constraints of the past while holding on to the traditions that truly matter. Let it go!

That is your assumption. If they have no other archive themselves why would they destroy it before doing a review?

44 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

That is your assumption. If they have no other archive themselves why would they destroy it before doing a review?

If they have no archive or backups they are in worse shape than I though. They should have multiple backups. Would take a while but can remove media from being accessible and put back on line on a case by case basis.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Toby locked this topic