mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

12 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Fair enough.  I just read the old Board resigned.  

If you're just catching up, read everything before you comment. You're days behind. Also, for the love of all that's holy, fix your DCP signature file.

2 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

If you're just catching up, read everything before you comment. You're days behind. Also, for the love of all that's holy, fix your DCP signature file.

I don't see any problem with highlighting an old Board post. It's a pretty serious story.  We comment on things politicians do years ago. I think it's worth exposing so the new Board knows we don't want more stories about how "great a year" this is and more sensitive outreach to the victims.  That's all. 

But I apologize for the signature ad. I have no idea how that got there. Sorry! 

22 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Fair enough.  I just read the old Board resigned.  

Just catching up on this whole Ford Theater incident.  Can you believe that guy had the nerve to yell "Sic Semper Tyrannis?"  I hope they are looking for him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Just catching up on this whole Ford Theater incident.  Can you believe that guy had the nerve to yell "Sic Semper Tyrannis?"  I hope they are looking for him.  

News reports this afternoon have the suspect cornered in Harpers Ferry, Virgina. Feds might want to consider putting in place stricter firearm laws after this,. Like stricter background checks on gun powder purchases,and making Washington, D.C. a " pistol/ musket free zone " or some creative new ideas that are being floated out at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO

I hope this story isn’t overshadowed by the whole “G7” thing I’ve been hearing rumors about.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Ok, I just checked in to DCA forms after being a way from posting for a while, and just got the news about Hopkins and the Cadets ...

I highly recommend the original post in this thread, which has been updated to include links to many news stories about these events. You'll catch up quickly once youve read that material.

49 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Given the circumstances that led to this situation, I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to think there may be some...stuff... on that laptop he doesn’t want to see the light of day. Just a thought.

Ya, that laptop of George could lots of stuff that he might want to have scrubbed.

3 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I hope this story isn’t overshadowed by the whole “G7” thing I’ve been hearing rumors about.

The 6 are lighting candles as we speak that they did not follow.... " He, whose Name Shan't Be Mentioned ".

Say no more on THAT.

2 hours ago, wallace said:

What’s so valuable and irreplaceable there that’s worth the manpower to slog through hundreds of video? That hasn’t been saved and/or copied a hundred times already? This is a new beginning. Let’s break free from the constraints of the past while holding on to the traditions that truly matter. Let it go!

That's a good question. Potential prosecutors/litigants may find something we'd never think of. Right now... taking things off and flushing them down the memory hole unless they're archived or stored somewhere could be viewed as a coverup or destruction of evidence.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Ya, that laptop of George could lots of stuff that he might want to have scrubbed.

Or crushed in a dumpster...

• Like 1