The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

55 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I hope this story isn’t overshadowed by the whole “G7” thing I’ve been hearing rumors about.

long dead, especially with the head architect in hiding

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MikeN said:

My 14-year old son is just now really getting in to DCI.  We were discussing various recent shows, so I quickly pulled up the '76 Blue Devils to get is reaction.  His face when he saw the marching tympani was priceless.  Pretty much the real-world version of :blink:

Mike

Hanover Lancers would watch 70s DCI DVDs on bus trips. My favorite quote was the teenager telling his dad “I can’t believed you carried those “. Response was “neither can I my back hurts thinking about it “. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, frachel said:

Accusers/victims don't file criminal charges. Only a municipal, state or federal attorney can do that.

I should have phrased it makes a complaint. 

50 minutes ago, BigW said:

That's a good question. Potential prosecutors/litigants may find something we'd never think of. Right now... taking things off and flushing them down the memory hole unless they're archived or stored somewhere could be viewed as a coverup or destruction of evidence.

If the DA thought there was incriminating evidence on these videos then a warrant would have been issued to seize it. Honestly, his laptop and smartphone are more likely to be the smoking guns.

39 minutes ago, MikeN said:

My 14-year old son is just now really getting in to DCI.  We were discussing various recent shows, so I quickly pulled up the '76 Blue Devils to get is reaction.  His face when he saw the marching tympani was priceless.  Pretty much the real-world version of :blink:

Mike

I don't mean to slide OT... but since you mentioned this I found a really fine Doctoral abstract on the subject online. Mike Boo is even involved as a source. Well worth perusing, even for a bit.

https://etd.ohiolink.edu/!etd.send_file?accession=osu1461167753&disposition=inline

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wallace said:

If the DA thought there was incriminating evidence on these videos then a warrant would have been issued to seize it. Honestly, his laptop and smartphone are more likely to be the smoking guns.

They may not have gotten that far. It would still be prudent to have them archived and retained, even if taken off the site. Otherwise there could be accusations of some kind of a coverup.

Yes, there may be nothing there. However, in this situation one needs to take all precautions and be prudent.

Edited by BigW

1 hour ago, dbc03 said:

Any truth to the rumors of corps doing asymmetrical drill this year? That's going to be hard on the marching timpani players

Tell'em " down in front!" "

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Mike

Things change. In 30 years, teenagers then will probably roll their eyes to learn that in todays DCI we think its appropriate to judge a Drum & Bugle Corps competition without a Brass Judge.... a Percussion judge.... a Guard Judge.... or any combination lack of such.

Edited by BRASSO

57 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Tell'em " down in front!" "

Get that dag-nabbed band off my lawn!!!!!!!!