The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife and I attended Cadets brass camp yesterday. Had some good conversations with some people on the inside of things. Many involved with the corps right now are taking positive steps to help the C

As I try to fight back tears, since my students are in the room right now as I read all this, all I can say right now is...  Thank God for DCP.  Reading here and seeing this conversation tak

I felt nauseated reading this.  Fear for the activity, this needs to be exposed and dealt with not just at Cadets but everywhere, but I’m so scared it’s going to overwhelm the whole activity.  Sadness

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh. I know where it could be found. 

Send whereabouts to YEA

5 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I am not sure how reliable this is, He never discusses Planar analysis in relation to the Front Ensemble, which of course is key tot he whole activity. 

:doh::laugh:

Oh, oh, oh... oh goodness. :satisfied:

Does anybody know why The Cadets moved to Allentown? I read in an earlier post that Mr. Drum Corps lived across the street from the YEA

Headquarters and was wondering if he moved there first and the The Corps moved after he was in Allentown or vice versa . In MHO  the Corps

should have stayed in Garfield or at least remained in New Jersey. :43_slight_frown:

• Like 1

Maybe there could be a separate "suggest a vanity plate for Hop's car" thread. :tongue:

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, Old Cavalier said:

Does anybody know why The Cadets moved to Allentown? I read in an earlier post that Mr. Drum Corps lived across the street from the YEA

Headquarters and was wondering if he moved there first and the The Corps moved after he was in Allentown or vice versa . In MHO  the Corps

should have stayed in Garfield or at least remained in New Jersey. :43_slight_frown:

Lots of reasons why they moved. 

20 hours ago, BigW said:

I don't mean to slide OT... but since you mentioned this I found a really fine Doctoral abstract on the subject online. Mike Boo is even involved as a source. Well worth perusing, even for a bit.

https://etd.ohiolink.edu/!etd.send_file?accession=osu1461167753&disposition=inline

Lots of holes in the early to mid-70s history (not sure if Cavaliers and BD used tymps and keyboards in '74? -  if you listen to the recordings, the answers to both questions are clear).

Anyway, thanks for the interesting diversion.

• Like 1
  • Toby locked this topic