The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Off-topic ---At one point in 60s (or very early 70s) Kilties marched a rig that allowed one guy to carry 2 tympani.  He (they were all-male then) had to put on the carrier, and then other people had to attach the drums.

68 or 69?  God I’m getting old, I can’t remember. 

9 hours ago, elphaba01 said:

"Hiding Out":

Possibly Paris France.  Moved in with Roman Polansky?

Elphaba   :flower:

These countries do not have extradition treaties with the US.

Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

So, you combine that list with countries that do not require a visa to visit, and that would be my guess of places to start looking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_United_States_citizens

I would go with Micronesia. They speak English and there is no limit to the length of time US citizens can stay there. I feel like Jason Bourne.

Edited by cybersnyder
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

These countries do not have extradition treaties with the US.

Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

So, you combine that list with countries that do not require a visa to visit, and that would be my guess of places to start looking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_United_States_citizens

I would go with Micronesia. They speak English and there is no limit to the length of time US citizens can stay there. I feel like Jason Bourne.

I think he’s still in Pennsylvania. 

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think he’s still in Pennsylvania. 

Likely, I was just kinda curious what the possibilities were.

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2018 at 3:22 PM, BigW said:

I don't mean to slide OT... but since you mentioned this I found a really fine Doctoral abstract on the subject online. Mike Boo is even involved as a source. Well worth perusing, even for a bit.

https://etd.ohiolink.edu/!etd.send_file?accession=osu1461167753&disposition=inline

Reading the section about early history, the document makes if seem like timpani first came along in 1972, when DCI started. They were around prior to that. We used them in Garfield in 1970, and many other corps used them in the late 60's before that. BAC, SCV, Kilties, St Joe's, Des Plaines, and Anaheim had them in 69, for example. BAC used bells through most of the 69 season, though not at VFW Nats, where they were no permitted. By the start of DCI, most of the top level corps had already been using timpani for a couple of years.

The document is pretty accurate, though, besides that. 

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What do you mean by chronological snobbery?

"Chronological snobbery" in general refers to an undefended proposition that the present is better than the past (or vice versa). There were a few remarks in those 40 pages that seem to show an assumption that changes in drum corps must be for the better. But those comments were only a minor blemish, in my opinion.

• Thanks 2

I hate to say this but...a quiet last 48 hours. maybe a breather

• Like 2