The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

46 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yup and then college tuition 

Friend told me at one point that was the equivalent of burning a brand new BMW in the front yard every year for their kids. Puts that in perspective. :satisfied:

26 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I asked at the beginning of the thread are many  outraged over the victims and his alleged actions or merely  hate the guy ( with reasons for sure ) 

I know it does not have to be exclusive BUT boy has it drifted from the reason it all started. Now it's all about finance which IMO is solely a Cadet issue, unlike the alleged actions of an activity predator. 

I think there are people suddenly wondering what all the heck he did or didn't do besides the sexual abuse allegations- or trying to throw more gasoline on the fire (like there needs to be more gasoline [SER thinks so]...). Personally, even with all the crazy tweets,  goofy FB comments, Rocking Chairs on the field, G7... other actions that drove everyone crazy... I have a gut feeling there's likely nothing criminal there. I think it's a good idea to look and definitely confirm this- but it's a satellite issue that's in a way farther orbit from the planet.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BigW said:

I think there are people suddenly wondering what all the heck he did or didn't do besides the sexual abuse allegations- or trying to throw more gasoline on the fire (like there needs to be more gasoline [SER thinks so]...). Personally, even with all the crazy tweets,  goofy FB comments, Rocking Chairs on the field, G7... other actions that drove everyone crazy... I have a gut feeling there's likely nothing criminal there. I think it's a good idea to look and definitely confirm this- but it's a satellite issue that's in a way farther orbit from the planet.

YES, you are totally right imo. I know many of the new as well as old, very old players, it's why I said what I said. First, the original topic is way to important to cloud it with anything else. I also know ( for a fact ) many just want the man down because of his choices and what THEY think the man played in the evolution of the activity.

AS I said it's not like people can't have multiple issues why they hate the man, and many do BUT lets me put those people at ease or drive them more nuts, with or with the person drum corps will continue to evolve, change, develop, explore.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I asked at the beginning of the thread are many  outraged over the victims and his alleged actions or merely  hate the guy ( with reasons for sure ) 

I know it does not have to be exclusive BUT boy has it drifted from the reason it all started. Now it's all about finance which IMO is solely a Cadet issue, unlike the alleged actions of an activity predator. 

well i think many have suspicions about the what the guy may have done with the finances

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

YES, you are totally right imo. I know many of the new as well as old, very old players, it's why I said what I said. First, the original topic is way to important to cloud it with anything else. I also know ( for a fact ) many just want the man down because of his choices and what THEY think the man played in the evolution of the activity.

AS I said it's not like people can't have multiple issues why they hate the man, and many do BUT lets me put those people at ease or drive them more nuts, with or with the person drum corps will continue to evolve, change, develop, explore.

Yeah- Personally, I would have been thrilled that he had never touched anyone. Wrecking people's hearts and souls isn't what this activity is supposed to do.- I figure he would have eventually retired and things would get back to some kind of normal for the organization. I guess with my job... I've learned to ride through bad management and supervision, I'll outlast them eventually. I figured much the same here.

Edited by BigW

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

I'm sure BUT imo that's a Cadet issue. The topic at hand is an activity issue

not necessarily. we don't know what other skeletons are out there...and they could be intertwined

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

not necessarily. we don't know what other skeletons are out there...and they could be intertwined

if its finances thats a Cadet issue imo.
Skeletons? I think I can go through every corps DCI or DCA and find those..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

And it's a question that needs thoroughly answered to everyone's satisfaction, whether anything is discovered or not.

• Thanks 1