The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

21 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I was stationed at Pentagon....

I have said before-  this is a Sep 11 event for Drum Corps.

Had to chime in here.  Close to 3,000 innocent lives were killed and another 6,000 wounded on 9/11.  And while the current GH/Cadets/DCI situation is bad, if you really were stationed at the Pentagon, you would have to know how utterly irresponsible, if not down right offensive, it is to equate both situations.  Equate it to Cosby, yes!  But equating it to the 19 suicide terrorists, Osama Bin Ladin, and the 9,000 killed/wounded, NO!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I have said before-  this is a Sep 11 event for Drum Corps.  But it will take time to play out.

Have you no tact? How dare you compare this to September 11. I lost a loved one and several friends that day.

what GH and others have done is disgusting, but you're off your rocker if you think this situation is like 9/11.

• Like 6

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Had to chime in here.  Close to 3,000 innocent lives were killed and another 6,000 wounded on 9/11.  And while the current GH/Cadets/DCI situation is bad, if you really were stationed at the Pentagon, you would have to know how utterly irresponsible, if not down right offensive, it is to equate both situations.  Equate it to Cosby, yes!  But equating it to the 19 suicide terrorists, Osama Bin Ladin, and the 9,000 killed/wounded, NO!!!

44 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Have you no tact? How dare you compare this to September 11. I lost a loved one and several friends that day.

what GH and others have done is disgusting, but you're off your rocker if you think this situation is like 9/11.

Yes, I was there. I lost friends as well.  My daughter's best friend's father had his face burned off (he did survive).

I am not dissing the victims.

The point I was trying to make is these accusations have changed Drum Corps, just like Sep 11 (or Pearl Harbor) changed America.  There was before, and now we are after.  And we can't go back to before.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes, I was there. I lost friends as well.  

The point I was trying to make is these accusations have changed Drum Corps, just like Sep 11 (or Pearl Harbor) changed America.  There was before, and now we are after.  

No! Not 'just like' 9/11; not even close; and I am refraining from getting personal because what is swimming in my head right now would get me banned from DCP. Was hoping for some contrition, some sort of understsnding on how offensive the equivication is, but received the typical justification. Yet another reason I have pulled away from engaging in posts, and only chime in when compulsion driven.

• Like 1

Image result for memes on really bad analogies

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stu said:

No! Not 'just like' 9/11; not even close; and I am refraining from getting personal because what is swimming in my head right now would get me banned from DCP. Was hoping for some contrition, some sort of understsnding on how offensive the equivication is, but received the typical justification. Yet another reason I have pulled away from engaging in posts, and only chime in when compulsion driven.

We apparently do not understand each other.

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

We apparently do not understand each other.

You’re a good guy and I respect you.  But 9/11 is a worldwide historical watermark indelibly etched into all of us.  Like Pearl Harbor for our parents.  

GH and his indiscretions, while horribly painful for his victims and to a lesser extent, us, are just not on the scale of those events, that have marked generations forever.  

• Like 4

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

You’re a good guy and I respect you.  But 9/11 is a worldwide historical watermark indelibly etched into all of us.  Like Pearl Harbor for our parents.  

GH and his indiscretions, while horribly painful for his victims and to a lesser extent, us, are just not on the scale of those events, that have marked generations forever.  

I get that.  I am trying to find an analogy that fits;  Google tried, but most would seem offensive to one group or another.

Let me try this:  Drum Corps from this time forward will be different than it has been in the past because of these accusations.  Just like it seems to be happening in the entertainment industry.  And it will take some time before all the impacts to the activity are known.

Is that better?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1