mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

16 minutes ago, Peel Paint said:

has UPenn had its own issues too? Most universities have.

Sexual Abuse/ Sexual Harrassment is not kept out of Ivy League Universities ( or the Large Publics. Religious ) simply because they have built themselves very tall and very thick walls. With security cameras, 24-7 manned gate surveillance, etc found around almost every corner on their campus. These unsavory criminal activities of all stripes have been done by their employees, their professors, their administrators, etc from time to time on their campuses. So of course the " Univ. of Penn. " too.

Edited by BRASSO

Well I am delighted it will be somewhere else. 

• Like 2

University of Pennsylvania confusion with Pennsylvania State University? Yeah people who live in PA do it too lol. Hell I keep forgetting Franklin Field is part of the school and not a municipal field. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well I am delighted it will be somewhere else. 

Better parking, for sure.  LOL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Better parking, for sure.  LOL.

No doubt.  

Obviously (to most people) I chose a creative hypothetical to make a point.  The perpetrator is gone.  This action does not impact the perpetrator, but further harms people who have already been harmed by him.

Also, remember how some of the victims said they didn't say anything before because they were reluctant to hurt the organization they love?  This is one of the ways the organization can be hurt, so taking these kinds of actions may play a role in discouraging future victims from coming forward.  

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Obviously (to most people) I chose a creative hypothetical to make a point.  The perpetrator is gone.  This action does not impact the perpetrator, but further harms people who have already been harmed by him.

Also, remember how some of the victims said they didn't say anything before because they were reluctant to hurt the organization they love?  This is one of the ways the organization can be hurt, so taking these kinds of actions may play a role in discouraging future victims from coming forward.  

If it was a creative hypothetical, wouldn't it involve 2 groups not associated like Penn and Yea! Your "creative hypothetical" was basically the Larry Nasser event at MSU or Jerry Sandusky at PSU, as I already pointed out, and we have seen how universities react when their employees behave in such a manner.

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Sexual Abuse/ Sexual Harrassment is not kept out of Ivy League Universities ( or the Large Publics. Religious ) simply because they have built themselves very tall and very thick walls. With security cameras, 24-7 manned gate surveillance, etc found around almost every corner on their campus. These unsavory criminal activities of all stripes have been done by their employees, their professors, their administrators, etc from time to time on their campuses. So of course the " Univ. of Penn. " too.

Even the Emperor needed a private place in which he could change into his "new clothes"...

• Like 2

Slightly off topic but just read a book about a woman who was killed at PSU in 1969 (Murder In The Stacks). Parallels between then and Sandusky are way too close as profs/admin chose to slump off what was done like anything at PSU could never be wrong. Just a sad insight into the mindset of institutions or organizations. Reminder that rules may be changed but still have to get people connected to a group to realize that it CAN happen there and their crap can stink at times. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

45 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

If it was a creative hypothetical, wouldn't it involve 2 groups not associated like Penn and Yea! Your "creative hypothetical" was basically the Larry Nasser event at MSU or Jerry Sandusky at PSU, as I already pointed out, and we have seen how universities react when their employees behave in such a manner.

Sorry, I was unaware that the girls on the MSU gymnastics team had been barred from competing or staying anywhere, after the departure of Nasser, because of his actions when there.  Imho, that would not be the right thing to do, whether other institutions have done it or not.  The kids have suffered enough.