The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

5 hours ago, gbass598 said:

As someone who manages people in a corporate environment, the biggest disservice Hop has done for the organization is fail to train his replacement.

Obviously not, as others have said. But what I'm wondering is:

Any chance he did that intentionally, so that it would be harder to even imagine replacing him?

I am reminded of the case of James Levine at the Metropolitan Opera; some helpful commentary on that subject here and here, trying to suss out who knew what when, and why it took so long for that news to break.

7 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

If you are referring to them not wanting to stay in hotels during finals, it's understandable since not every corps has to.  

C2 will also not be removed from DCA.  Only YEA will discontinue Cadets or C2 and I highly doubt it will happen.

I think a lot will depend on what the parents of current members (both C1 & C2) do - If any of my kids were part of that organization I would be VERY cautious about allowing them to galavant all over the country as part of an organization that let this go on for the last 4 decades.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
spelling

5 hours ago, kkpjm16 said:

If he has ANY sense of self-preservation, he'll stay far away from the activity. Hell, he should probably sell his car, move to a new apartment, and shave his head. He is probably persona non grata wherever he goes right now

Who will be the Christopher Plummer to Hopkins's Kevin Spacey?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Will there be a green screen? 

It would have to be deconstructed. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Any chance he did that intentionally, so that it would be harder to even imagine replacing him?

Bingo. You don't insist you are the only one who can do everyone else's job for no reason...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The rule has changed now but you didn’t have to stay in the rooms but you still had to pay for them. 

That was actually the case then . He just did not think he should have to pay for them as well . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

Who knew what and when is often key in these situations. Remember, rumors and allegations are two separate things. Rumors should be investigated, but without an allegation in matters such as this,  rumors can be hard to prove.

What organizations need to do is emphasize again and again and again that all such behavior will not be tolerated, and all members, staff, volunteers and board must be made fully aware of who to contact if they are the recipient of unwanted behavior (including some outside agency if the allegation concerns a board member), that all allegations will be thoroughly investigated, that the consequences for someone determined to have harassed an employee include termination, and that there will be no retaliation against someone for reporting bad behavior. And there should be annual harassment training.

• Like 2