Corps Responses to Inquirer Article

Cincinnati Tradition (CT) absolutely has a policy in place. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If anyone knows of any further updates, do note them here.

Cincinnati Tradition (CT) does back ground checks on members, staff and volunteers. The Director is a retired Cincinnati police officer. As a donor and advisor to CT, I assure you that a policy of no tolerance is in place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

Cincinnati Tradition (CT) does background checks on members, staff and volunteers. The Director is a retired Cincinnati police officer. As a donor and advisor to CT, I assure you that a policy of no tolerance is in place.

Thanks. And I believe you; I also believe this is true of most corps (not the part of the director being a retired cop; that's neat).

That said, the thread, and the lists, are meant to highlight information available to the public. If a prospective parent or member visits CT's website, and has heard dimly about some scandal in drum corps, at the moment, I don't think they can find any information about how the corps handles that.

And maybe such public statements are seen by some corps as mere window dressing, but whether or no, they are what this thread is for.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
Edited to fix typo in first word. Yes, I misspelled "Thanks".
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Thank. And I believe you; I also believe this is true of most corps (not the part of the director being a retired cop; that's neat).

That said, the thread, and the lists, are meant to highlight information available to the public. If a prospective parent or member visits CT's website, and has heard dimly about some scandal in drum corps, at the moment, I don't think they can find any information about how the corps handles that.

And maybe such public statements are seen by some corps as mere window dressing, but whether or no, they are what this thread is for.

They told you there's a policy, leave it alone. If you or a potential member has a question, then there's a perfect way to get it answered: Call them and talk to them personally. You don't know what's going on with CT, and you have admitted that you don't. But instead of approaching them maturely, you're trying to shame them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EKBari said:

They told you there's a policy, leave it alone. If you or a potential member has a question, then there's a perfect way to get it answered: Call them and talk to them personally. You don't know what's going on with CT, and you have admitted that you don't. But instead of approaching them maturely, you're trying to shame them.

I didn’t read the post as immature or an attempt to shame the corps; simply a clarification that the thread topic was about public responses by corps, that’s all.

• Like 3

the overall lack of silence from DCA the parent organization beyond a small statement is mind boggling

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, EKBari said:

I didn't say anything was "going on" with CT, and I seriously doubt anything is. As an Ohioan, I'm proud of CT's success, and I wish them well. Also, what y1b said.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the overall lack of silence from DCA the parent organization beyond a small statement is mind boggling

If only it were a "lack of silence". I agree with you. But they did make one short statement, later enlarged slightly.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If only it were a "lack of silence". I agree with you. But they did make one short statement, later enlarged slightly.

oops lack of statement

• Like 1

https://cavaliers.org/news-blog/letterfromtheexecutivedirector-04262018

I'm not sure if this was mentioned previously...if so..my apologies...

Edited by Liahona