YEA board resigns

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Is it a conflict of interest to have someone from Tresona? Glad they have a new board, though.

Nah, this is pretty normal.  Tresona is just a rights-granting entity.  As long as they continue to treat YEA as they would any other client vis-a-vis rights granting and costs then there's no issue.

And this is easy to track since non-profit books are available to the public upon request.

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

No, not necessarily. Non-profits' boards regularly include executives from companies with whom the non-profits do business.

And I would think that it's quite common for a non-profit CEO to solicit a quorum vote of its BoD members when between official meetings, wouldn't you?

Every NP I've ever been involved with has had phone conferences to solicit a quorum agreement without calling an official meeting.

I bet you've seen that, too, eh?

:innocent:

23 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

So forget about Garfield then. Everything in that area is already paved over and developed. :tongue:

I was thinking ... central NJ, maybe somewhere near Exit 8A, where so many of the farms have been converted into warehouse distribution centers.  There are still some properties for sale that would make a nice campus with rooms for fields (indoor and out), rehearsal rooms, offices, storage, etc.

A fellah can dream, can't he?

37 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

So forget about Garfield then. Everything in that area is already paved over and developed. :tongue:

Can always go back to that ugly, cramped hall (VFW or AL post?) in Garfield.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, geluf said:

Nah, this is pretty normal.  Tresona is just a rights-granting entity.  As long as they continue to treat YEA as they would any other client vis-a-vis rights granting and costs then there's no issue.

And this is easy to track since non-profit books are available to the public upon request.

Good point.

46 minutes ago, Eleran said:

converted into warehouse distribution centers.

"Presenting their 2018 program "Hello boys....we're baaaaaack -- a Tribute to Randy Quaid," Drum Corps Intl. is proud to present...the Amazon Cadets!

Agree this was a necessary move but am kind of surprised at the tone of the alumni who think it's just a matter of moving on now.  I think this will be playing out for some time before any healing or moving on starts to happen. Clearly, Hopkins accusers will derive some measure of satisfaction. What of others who haven't and may not come forward? And what happens when this possibly spreads to other DCI organizations?  There is a possibility everything about DCI changes in the near future.

You have something this massive happen and it's effects may be felt for some time.  Madison is still trying to return to top six 16 years later after the exit of Scott Stewart.

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

I was thinking ... central NJ, maybe somewhere near Exit 8A, where so many of the farms have been converted into warehouse distribution centers.  There are still some properties for sale that would make a nice campus with rooms for fields (indoor and out), rehearsal rooms, offices, storage, etc.

A fellah can dream, can't he?

That is basically the area where my family lives... I hear ya, all sorts of space there.  Easy access to a major highway or two or three, with a couple of major airports (Newark and Philly) and a regional one (Trenton) in the picture. 

Maybe an indoor fieldhouse for winter visual work? 

I know... I'm dreaming with you here.  LOL.

36 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

"Presenting their 2018 program "Hello boys . . . we're baaaaaack -- a Tribute to Randy Quaid," Drum Corps Intl. is proud to present...the Amazon Cadets!

Interestingly, Randy Quaid was so abusive to fellow actors in a stage production of Lone Star Love in 2008 that they kicked him out of Actors' Equity, their union. It's a lifetime ban.

45 minutes ago, Scerpella said:

Agree this was a necessary move but am kind of surprised at the tone of the alumni who think it's just a matter of moving on now.  I think this will be playing out for some time before any healing or moving on starts to happen. Clearly, Hopkins accusers will derive some measure of satisfaction. What of others who haven't and may not come forward? And what happens when this possibly spreads to other DCI organizations?  There is a possibility everything about DCI changes in the near future.

You have something this massive happen and it's effects may be felt for some time.  Madison is still trying to return to top six 16 years later after the exit of Scott Stewart.

No doubt that things will be forever different in this activity. But, spring training and the season is just around the corner. The show must go on. I think the last thing the victims want is for their beloved corps to suffer because of a few individuals. 

You're right that this is just the beginning of what could/should be a cleansing of DCI. But for the Cadets, it will be a balancing act of moving on and establishing the measures needed to ensure this never happens again. Some wounds will never heal, but they have to move forward