Hopkins Investigation and Cadets BoD/ED Review Progress, Thread 2

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

This thread is intended to separate discussion of the Cadets organization from the marching member's production, and separate the formal legal investigation from both of them (hopefully).  I can see separating out the legal issues and discussion from the discussion of Cadets' Governance and Executive leadership at some point.  Probably best that staff discussions stay in the other Cadets 2018 thread except as they directly relate to the discussion here.

May I ask some input from one of you (N.E. Brigand, your astounding record-keeping and investigative skills would work well here) please summarize major events to this point, filtering out the useless banter (like mine, eh?) to just the major points and keep them updated at the top of the thread.

The mods and The Godfather have all complimented this group for our ability to keep these discussions under control.  Pats on the back are due all around, I think.

Here's the link to the original article:  http://www.philly.com/philly/news/cadets-drum-bugle-corps-george-hopkins-sexual-abuse-harrassment-allentown-pennsylvania.html

I am not trying be obtuse here.  Why do we need a second thread?  I read your post twice..maybe I should try THRICE...

Just now, Liahona said:

I am not trying be obtuse here.  Why do we need a second thread?  I read your post twice..maybe I should try THRICE...

A hint from the mods, that's all.

We don't NEED anything.  I just think a more concise (guilty!) iteration of these major events would be easier to track for those interested.

You can keep posting over there if you'd like, really.

Just now, garfield said:

A hint from the mods, that's all.

We don't NEED anything.  I just think a more concise (guilty!) iteration of these major events would be easier to track for those interested.

You can keep posting over there if you'd like, really.

So you are asking for a chronology of events?

This will die a natural and painless death if it's not warranted!

Relax all.

Would someone, then, create a reference where all of the media links can be posted for reference?

This thread or another thread, I REALLY DON'T CARE.  In case you didn't notice, the other thread darn-near got shut down.  "Probably time..." was the phrase.

Edited by garfield

Just now, garfield said:

This will die a natural and painless death if it's not warranted!

Relax all.

Would someone, then, create a reference where all of the media links can be posted for reference?

This thread or another thread, I REALLY DON'T CARE.

I'm not criticizing this second thread per se...I was just honestly just asking the purpose for it..."need" perhaps came off wrong...

10 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I think a second summary thread is an excellent idea. Hardly anybody wants to read 300+ pages of an older thread to catch up, and people who try often add a reply that's already been made repeatedly or rendered moot by later developments.

"...please summarize major events to this point, filtering out the useless banter (like mine, eh?) to just the major points and keep them updated at the top of the thread."

When someone posts the major points so far, I'll ask the mods to pin it at the top.

I don’t have time to scour the old thread to get all the links 

• Like 2