The future of the Cadets

Would you allow yourself, your kids, or your friends to march with the Cadets after the recent events that occurred?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Would you allow yourself, your kids, or your friends to march with the Cadets after the recent events that occurred?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, cowtown said:

30 years of a culture doesn’t end because they fired the leader.

Cadets were known as the hardest working corps. Some thought it was abusive while others hyped on it and lost their minds over a laundry day near finals.

Some are still hyping and losing their minds over a laundry day

everything was cool until 7th place

Actually everything was "cool" until 9 woman came out with testimonies of their abuse.

Edited by Brass Lover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cowtown said:

abuse

I don't agree with that characterization. Nothing even came close to abuse when I was at The Cadets. I was "abused" a lot more at the other corps I marched and heard similar things from people who had marched with other corps.

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

30 years of a culture doesn’t end because they fired the leader.

Cadets were known as the hardest working corps. Some thought it was abusive while others hyped on it and lost their minds over a laundry day near finals.

Some are still hyping and losing their minds over a laundry day

everything was cool until 7th place

wrong. several people started complaining before 7th place. long time staff left before the exodus two years ago, and not because of money. And the direction came from the top down,....didn't like it, don't work there. And as we've seen, people left.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

wrong. several people started complaining before 7th place. long time staff left before the exodus two years ago, and not because of money. And the direction came from the top down,....didn't like it, don't work there. And as we've seen, people left.

Another that doesn’t get it

He was always a monster    

I don’t blame the people that have heard these rumors for 20 years as they were only rumors, what could they do? but many gave him a pass on other issues and now, some are finally piling on the other issues when they didn’t before,  it’s rather insincere, while others are still stuck so I feel those same issue will continue because it’s part of the culture and that culture is on full display here and it's gross

Over the past 15 years on DCP I have been accused of being anti-every corps but the guff I and others get when we cross the borg, it's rather special 

Borg was earned years ago and yes, I think it’s part of the problem, part of the culture and a borg will never get that because it’s part of being the borg which is a shame because it's just marching band, right? 

6 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Another that doesn’t get it

He was always a monster    

I don’t blame the people that have heard these rumors for 20 years as they were only rumors, what could they do? but many gave him a pass on other issues and now, some are finally piling on the other issues when they didn’t before,  it’s rather insincere, while others are still stuck so I feel those same issue will continue because it’s part of the culture and that culture is on full display here and it's gross

Over the past 15 years on DCP I have been accused of being anti-every corps but the guff I and others get when we cross the borg, it's rather special 

Borg was earned years ago and yes, I think it’s part of the problem, part of the culture and a borg will never get that because it’s part of being the borg which is a shame because it's just marching band, right? 

You just sound like someone who was probably cut by Cadets and now you're holding a grudge and calling names to every and anyone who has either marched, supported or been a fan of Cadets. Stop being mad at the world. "It's just marching band, right?" 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

You just sound like someone who was probably cut by Cadets and now you're holding a grudge and calling names to every and anyone who has either marched, supported or been a fan of Cadets. Stop being mad at the world. "It's just marching band, right?" 

First I’m anti-corps, then it’s you were cut, followed by that corps must have beat your corps pretty badly and you must have been rejected by one our member you had a crush on to you’re just a troll, I’m putting you on ignore

That’s the easy way, it’s also wrong, do better, you’re a Cadet.

The culture that was set up allowed Hoppy to get away with his alleged rapes for a long time but that same attitude, culture also allowed for a whole heck of a lot of other shady things that got a pass. It all needs to go. I was sad to read the women didn’t come forward for years because they didn’t want to hurt the corps, more sad to read they tried to make a deal with Hoppy to bury it  before they went public because they didn't want to hurt the corps and angry to read that Hoppy used similar langue against others about not hurting the corps to ignore, burry other issues. Hoppy created this culture but it was enforced by those that bought into the culture, including  fans on this board. perhaps protecting the corps and their placement shouldn't be the main concern right now

13 minutes ago, cowtown said:

First I’m anti-corps, then it’s you were cut, followed by that corps must have beat your corps pretty badly and you must have been rejected by one our member you had a crush on to you’re just a troll, I’m putting you on ignore

That’s the easy way, it’s also wrong, do better, you’re a Cadet.

The culture that was set up allowed Hoppy to get away with his alleged rapes for a long time but that same attitude, culture also allowed for a whole heck of a lot of other shady things that got a pass. It all needs to go. I was sad to read the women didn’t come forward for years because they didn’t want to hurt the corps, more sad to read they tried to make a deal with Hoppy to bury it  before they went public because they didn't want to hurt the corps and angry to read that Hoppy used similar langue against others about not hurting the corps to ignore, burry other issues. Hoppy created this culture but it was enforced by those that bought into the culture, including  fans on this board. perhaps protecting the corps and their placement shouldn't be the main concern right now

You’ve made the same point about twenty times now. Literally no one is doing what you keep saying

can we move on? 

• Like 1