WOW! 

MBI finished in the top three for nine years straight (and haven't missed finals in a long time). Two years after last placing third, they're going inactive. That's incredible. Tells you how fragile drum corps can be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

MBI finished in the top three for nine years straight (and haven't missed finals in a long time). Two years after last placing third, they're going inactive. That's incredible. Tells you how fragile drum corps can be.

I believe that River City Rhythm has had an impact too.

Problem getting enough members and not a money problem. Not what I expected when I started reading the link.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The big surprise is the lack of Brass. Normally one gets plenty of those types, it's a lot harder to to find the Percussion and Guard people from my experience.

It's also insinuated they couldn't work things out with the HS and College organizations that these people also are involved with because of the DCA schedule. That's also sad and disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They do specify "brass" members. Both MB and RCR fielded pretty full groups in WGI percussion this winter as well.

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

WOW! 

Wonder what happened with recruiting ? The same recruiting challenges were seemingly present there for them even in the  recent years they won DCA and/ or medaled. So why the inability to continue to bring in quality marchers now over just a season or a couple of seasons ago ? Sad to lose yet another fine DCA Corps from DCA summer competition.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigW said:

It's also insinuated they couldn't work things out with the HS and College organizations that these people also are involved with because of the DCA schedule. 

But wern't the DCA schedule challenge the same as it was when they were winning DCA/ medaling in DCA ? Whats changed in the " DCA schedule "  with these schools since then ( year or so ago ) ?

Edited by BRASSO