The Academy 2018

2 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

There's no 10-16 grouping - Crossmen, Regiment and Blue Stars are significantly ahead of those that are placing lower. It's a 9-12 group with Regiment, Blue Stars, Crossmen and Mandarins, and a 13-17 group with Spirit, Madison, Academy, Troopers and Colts.

Maybe I am looking at the current scores incorrectly, but if they are just .35 from 12th and 1.5 from 14th, I would put them into the group fighting for finals with BS, PR, Cross and Mandarin.   Just based on scores that you may or may not be able to compare based on separate performance locations.  

2 hours ago, PJinPDX said:

Maybe I am looking at the current scores incorrectly, but if they are just .35 from 12th and 1.5 from 14th, I would put them into the group fighting for finals with BS, PR, Cross and Mandarin.   Just based on scores that you may or may not be able to compare based on separate performance locations.  

True. I'm basing it on my opinion, and my opinion is the top 12 is already locked in - the top 11 from last year + Mandarins. May be wrong, but that's what I'm sticking to. Who is 0.35 from 12th. Blue Stars, Crossmen, and Regiment had a significant lead over the Colts last night, and Mandarins have a significant lead over Academy. Perhaps Spirit is a wild card here, but in my opinion Madison, Colts, Academy, and Troopers are out of finals as of right now, and until that changes, I don't see a grouping other that 13/14-17.

Edited by queenanne_1536

38 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

True. I'm basing it on my opinion, and my opinion is the top 12 is already locked in - the top 11 from last year + Mandarins. May be wrong, but that's what I'm sticking to. Who is 0.35 from 12th. Blue Stars, Crossmen, and Regiment had a significant lead over the Colts last night, and Mandarins have a significant lead over Academy. Perhaps Spirit is a wild card here, but in my opinion Madison, Colts, Academy, and Troopers are out of finals as of right now, and until that changes, I don't see a grouping other that 13/14-17.

Totally respect if you are going by your experience and judgment. 

From the numbers, THE Academy is .35 from 12th (cross), less than a point (.95) from 11th (mandarin), and less than a point and a half (1.45) from 10th (Blue Stars).  

They are 1.75 ahead of Spirit who are in 14th.  

So as they sit in 13tg right now, they are actually closer to 10th than 14th.  

I TRY not to give into numbers too much yet.  Much more to come as they all start competing in the same shows.   The great thing is the growth and trajectory of learning and show development so far this year with this group of amazing performers and the fact that they still have opportunities to push it even more.   That is a win to be celebrated no matter what happens in Indy.  

Edited by PJinPDX

19 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

But SCV should have beat Scouts in ‘88 and Regiment should have beat SCV in ‘89. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it. (All in good fun!)

I might argue with you on 88, but would have to totally agree on 89.  LOL. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's hoping that The Academy recovers from their stomach bug quickly and are able to perform their best Saturday in San Antonio.

In case you missed it:

https://facebook.com/TheAcademyDBC/posts/10156575568804579

Any word how the health of the kids is coming along?  Get well soon!  

Loved this show in Denver!  Oodles of potential.