In The News – Allentown Cadets Cancel West Coast Tour, Citing Costs

The Allentown Cadets are eliminating a series of performances planned this summer for West Coast venues, citing financial concerns. The drum and bugle corps, which has been upended in recent weeks by the firing of its longtime chief executive officer and the resignation of its entire board of directors, will perform a full summer schedule […]

View the full article

12 hours ago, DCP NewsFeed said:

The Allentown Cadets are eliminating a series of performances planned this summer for West Coast venues, citing financial concerns. The drum and bugle corps, which has been upended in recent weeks by the firing of its longtime chief executive officer and the resignation of its entire board of directors, will perform a full summer schedule […]

View the full article

Did I miss a name change? Since when are they officially referred to in print or otherwise as "The Allentown Cadets?" I always thought it went from Holy Name Cadets to Garfield Cadets to Cadets of Bergen County to simply, The Cadets. <shrugs>

5 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

Did I miss a name change? Since when are they officially referred to in print or otherwise as "The Allentown Cadets?" I always thought it went from Holy Name Cadets to Garfield Cadets to Cadets of Bergen County to simply, The Cadets. <shrugs>

If you missed a name change, I did too.  It’s just a newspaper error and the majority of the article was accurate. Maybe the folks in Allentown know them as the Allentown Cadets. 

5 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

Might not be an official name change. The newspaper is free call them whatever they want to, just like I can still refer to them as "Garfield" (which I still do most of the time).  :)

I am disappointed personally, but I can understand the need for financial responsibility. I was excited to see the Cadets out west this year.

I think we all knew this was coming. They will lose the experience of competing against BD early.

That's too bad, was hoping to see them out west.  I wish all of those performers and musicians a great season.