Show Announcement Delays

Am I the only one who thinks show announcements are getting later and later every year? The kids of these Corps are going to be moving in in just about 3 weeks and we still don't have show announcements. 

I feel just 8-9 years ago the vast majority of Corps would have full program announcements by the end of March at the very latest, and then it slowly moved into mid-April and now we are at the beginning of May and we don't have hardly anything on several huge corps (Crown, BD, Bloo, SCV, Phantom..) Why the delays?

Does anyone know?

Copyright.

• Like 2

The delays in announcements on Themes/  Music by Corps has to do mostly with man made carbon emissions into the atmosphere.

The CO2 confuses all the carrier pigeons carrying the info to Flo Marching HQ. They overshoot their mark, landing in Halifax, Nova Scotia..They drop it there. Somebody has to go and collect all the papers, but there all over the place up there. It takes time now for us fans to get the info. But it could be far worse a predicament. Imagine you're the pigeons, its cold, and your lost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reasons?  Maybe copyrights, keeping us armchair designers, judges and critics at bay, minimize or eliminate inane assumptions, not necessary to say anything until st is underway, the corps don't answer to us posters.  Many reasons; but one voiced to me by a staffer a while back:  it adds nothing to the development of the program and starts non useful chatter.   BITD, before social media there was zero announcing of programs.  We all saw and heard corps only when the season started.  So relax and be patient for a little over a month more, and we will all witness what should be an amazing competitive season.  ••|•|•••

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The delays in announcements on Themes/ Music by Corps has to do mostly with man made carbon emissions into the atmosphere.

It is true that in April, atmospheric CO2 levels reached their highest level in 6000+ years, but I don't think that is relevant.

26 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

It is true that in April, atmospheric CO2 levels reached their highest level in 6000+ years, but I don't think that is relevant.

Despite what you might've heard,  for the record, no, I was not present for the previous highest levels back then.

June of 1975 at some high school field in the greater Boston area at a CYO Circuit show is when I first saw a live drum corps show. Of course that was prior to show themes and as a young kid who was about to finish 6th grade, show themes would have gone above my head. I just loved the experience. That has not changed, and while show themes are interesting and can entice me, they are rarely what I expect, more often than not I am pleasantly surprised, so if I hear about a show announcement, great. If I don’t, no big deal. I’ll still be in the stands and have a great time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Reasons?  Maybe copyrights, keeping us armchair designers, judges and critics at bay, minimize or eliminate inane assumptions, not necessary to say anything until st is underway, the corps don't answer to us posters.  Many reasons; but one voiced to me by a staffer a while back:  it adds nothing to the development of the program and starts non useful chatter.   BITD, before social media there was zero announcing of programs.  We all saw and heard corps only when the season started.  So relax and be patient for a little over a month more, and we will all witness what should be an amazing competitive season.  ••|•|•••

Sorry to be a pain but you are wrong. Back in at least the late 80s 90s the April edition of  DCI today  newspaper listed most corps programs and the musical selections they were presenting as well.  Also, some corps presented their entire programs at indoor stage shows as early as mid April ( remember serenade and brass in Harrisburg?  ) the cadets and Crossmen  used to present most of their show  if not the entire show memorial day weekend.   The  cadets and blue Devils used to release a CD of their shows  preseason. I am sure copyright issues prevent some of the announcements but I have no doubt corps are just playing games and waiting for no real substantial reason other then they don't want to let the  cat out of the bag.  We just have to wait… :/

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 3