YEA Board of Directors

I originally  posted this on the Cadets 2018 thread,since it dealt with the YEA Town Hall video there.

Anyway,I couldn't find it,so I figured I'd start  a new topic.

I apologize if this question has come up in the 400 plus pages on GH.

The YEA Town Hall Video talks about the new Board of Director members.

The YEA website provides the background of the new Board of Directors.

What i can't see to find is who selected these individuals,or how they became BOD members.

Does anyone know who selected  them and what was the process to name them as Board members ?

13 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I originally  posted this on the Cadets 2018 thread,since it dealt with the YEA Town Hall video there.

What i can't see to find is who selected these individuals,or how they became BOD members.

Does anyone know who selected  them and what was the process to name them as Board members ?

This seems most appropriate in cadets 2018 thread...

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

This seems most appropriate in cadets 2018 thread...

Yet his question hasn't been answered. 

• Like 4

Let's face it, the process was NOT an ordinary one...

the prior entire board resigned so the situation is unique

Almost as if a brand new organization drafts an original board for the first time

When a new organization is formed a board is "recruited" by folks interested in forming the new organization - that's probably how this process worked

also I believe this board is considered "transitional" - meaning they will serve for a time and then a more normal nomination/voting process will be put in place

I believe "they" used various resources (including DCI and others) to help recruit/select this current board

The board membership seems to be well-selected and doing a good job so far

Watching the town hall video (Doug Rutherford) is really a breath of fresh air and professionalism

So grounded, realistic and well-presented

Bodes well for the future

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Let's face it, the process was NOT an ordinary one...

the prior entire board resigned so the situation is unique

Almost as if a brand new organization drafts an original board for the first time

When a new organization is formed a board is "recruited" by folks interested in forming the new organization - that's probably how this process worked

also I believe this board is considered "transitional" - meaning they will serve for a time and then a more normal nomination/voting process will be put in place

I believe "they" used various resources (including DCI and others) to help recruit/select this current board

The board membership seems to be well-selected and doing a good job so far

Watching the town hall video (Doug Rutherford) is really a breath of fresh air and professionalism

So grounded, realistic and well-presented

Bodes well for the future

I'm not questioning whether the new  BOD are "well selected" or not.

That being said, I do feel people have a right to know the "process" YEA used to select and appoint them.

For example,since the entire  Board resigned,who has the authority to name new members.

I also haven't seen or heard the title "transitional"  applied to or used by BOD members.

Your assumptions concerning the process used to select BOD members may be entirely accurate,or they may not be.

So far, all anyone here has are suppositions.

YEA wants to restore trust in their organization.

Personally I think this would be one  step in that direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

I believe it has to do with candy slinging potential. :peek::lol:

• Like 1

So how does YEA get people to be on the board usually? Only board type group I was on I was asked but then had to be approved by other board members. So did non board YEA members find warm bodies for the board but how would approval process (if there is one) done?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

interesting question for any group. If the entire decision making body for that group leaves..... who makes the decisions.  In particular who can act to replace the decision making body. By laws experts anywhere?

That's generally not how it works.  In a for-profit corporation if the shareholders replace the entire board it's through an election.  The company bylaws provide for the seating of the board.  In a hostile takeover one might expect this sort of thing to happen - perhaps uncommon, but not unheard-of either.  In a closely held family business you could also have a situation where the entire board gets wiped out at once (plane crash, natural disaster, etc).  But even then the shareholders (or creditors who become shareholders) would vote on a new board.  In the case of a non-profit there are no shareholders, so the circumstances would be somewhat different.  Lawyers can weigh in here.

However, what almost certainly happened with YEA is that the old board affirmatively voted on enough new board members to form a quorum, and then resigned.  If there had been a fight it would have become known, and the absence of one suggests a cooperative transition.  A simple reach-out to any new board member should confirm this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Yeah I rewrote after I thought about it. But your last paragraph says what normally might be done. From what I read YEA board and normally don't belong in the same sentence. Between letting gh do everything and then being forced out which had to have been a surprise who knows.i say surprise as old board started to take the reins but then resigned when the backlash hit

As far as reaching out to new Bod I think they have more important things to do than answer a strangers question. What's wrong with asking if anyone here knows.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah I rewrote after I thought about it. But your last paragraph says what normally might be done. From what I read YEA board and normally don't belong in the same sentence. Between letting gh do everything and then being forced out which had to have been a surprise who knows.i say surprise as old board started to take the reins but then resigned when the backlash hit

When I want to know something I find the people involved. This generally works whether it's a political figure, a public personality (assuming you can get through the gatekeeper), a private company executive, etc. For example, I know that the MM's are motivated and very upbeat because I ask them. If you want to know what happened or the history, the names of the people are not a secret - just find the articles.  Then locate them on LinkedIn and ask. Some may talk, some may refuse. Then you can decide for yourself whether what you are hearing sounds credible.  It takes a little effort, but I would rather hear it straight from the source than guess.  If you can't find them or don't have LinkedIn, PM me and I will show you where to look. 

• Like 2