YEA Board of Directors

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, MusicManNJ said:

I did not say the board should NEVER be questioned on anything. To the contrary. They should. And I think the PSU comparison belongs with the old board... not the new one. It is the fact that the old board never answered any questions that led them to where they are today. My point remains... is this the best use of their time given everything going on in the organization? There is a lot they are juggling. Is it not the question being asked... it is the timing. Should we all start asking all DCI boards about every detail regarding every decision they make? Programing, staff choice, who selected the board, etc. And do we ask the questions in throws of any one of them fighting for survival? Now, you and I may not agree on this... and that is OK. Just my point of view.

There is an important difference between the PSU situation and this situation, and one significant similarity. 

With PSU, the members of the board were in their positions during the time when the crimes were committed, and there were members who could have/should have knowm what was going on under their noses.  With one exception, the old YEA board all took office after the most recent allegation.  So to link the old board to the assaults, one would have to conclude that they somehow knew about the past incidents chose to ignore them.  No sane person has suggested that.

There is, however, a legitimate debate over whether the board took the best steps to further the strategic goals of the organization with a CEO whose management style was - to be charitable - chaotic.  That is a question that can, and should, be asked of any board of a company that is struggling.  People who were unhappy with the performance of the corps, for example, could reasonably challenge whether the board should have either insisted on a new corps director or get GH to relinquish his executive title.  That debate was taking place (with varying levels of lucidity) before these allegations surfaced.  Similarly, there were alumni and interested parties who were chastising PSU for not retiring Joe Paterno.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Icer said:

With one exception, the old YEA board all took office after the most recent allegation.  So to link the old board to the assaults, one would have to conclude that they somehow knew about the past incidents chose to ignore them.  No sane person has suggested that.

Considering they were notified in January and then did nothing I would suggest exactly that actually. They may not have known prior to the assaults that we know of but they seemed perfectly fine allowing assaults to continue through their inaction.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Considering they were notified in January and then did nothing I would suggest exactly that actually. They may not have known prior to the assaults that we know of but they seemed perfectly fine allowing assaults to continue through their inaction.

I haven't heard that suggested before.  Were there assaults that took place since January?  As far as I am aware, no current (or recent) MM or staff member has made any accusations, but maybe you have some inside information?

1 minute ago, Icer said:

I haven't heard that suggested before.  Were there assaults that took place since January?  As far as I am aware, no current (or recent) MM or staff member has made any accusations, but maybe you have some inside information?

I'm not aware of any either, but the board was made aware of the other accusations and did nothing, they were perfectly happy allowing GH to continue as the CEO of YEA and potentially continuing to assault employees. There is no reason to think that he wouldn't have continued to assault women if this hadn't blown up in the press.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

I'm not aware of any either, but the board was made aware of the other accusations and did nothing, they were perfectly happy allowing GH to continue as the CEO of YEA and potentially continuing to assault employees. There is no reason to think that he wouldn't have continued to assault women if this hadn't blown up in the press.

And actually... they were made aware BEFORE January. So the lack of action could make them complicit.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

And actually... they were made aware BEFORE January. So the lack of action could make them complicit.

Sounds like you know something no one else knows or has reported on.  Would you care to share your source on this?

39 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Let's be accurate about this, because it's important.  The board did not do "nothing" since January.  Did they do ENOUGH?  Heck no, they absolutely didn't.  And I'm glad they're all gone now.

The big thread on Cadets and Hopkins had run its course and got locked, but a number of people who don't visit DCP in the off-season are just now returning (I can tell from notifications about people reacting to posts I made months ago), so let me direct their attention to the very first post in that , which mingusmonk repeatedly updated to include all the new on that topic. Hopefully that will save on people asking too many long-answered questions:

• Thanks 1