Has this ever happened in DCI history?

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Les Chatelaines pin may be from our stop at 1979 DCI East Prelims on way to monsoon fest show at NJ. At least that’s where I got mine lol

Indeed, it was. I also still have my ticket which was also found with all the stuff. That was a GREAT day to see a lot of corps. :biggrin:

I found some other things I picked up there or at 1978 DCA Championships as well as a 1983ish DCUK Pin I picked up at the WCU contest when Dagenham came to the contest. I was thrilled to find my badge stash.

The most 'interesting thing' perhaps that I have are two of the SCV badges found on the far right side of row 2 that I obtained from SCV's concession stand in 1979 at DCI East for like 5 bucks as a kid. Had people come to me basically stating I was some kind of thief/heretic evil person at East around 2004 when I wore my one hat with one on it, how did I get that, etc. I told them how I got it, they didn't believe me, thought I stole them or some crazy whatnot. I told them then I was poor and I had bills to pay, if they wanted them back it was 150 Bucks. I still have bills to pay, the price has gone way up now. I still have final installments on the 1879 Conn Tuba I'm restoring. :innocent:

http://www.drumcorpscollectibles.com/SantaClaraVanguard,SantaClara,CA.html

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 7:20 PM, BRASSO said:

Things change. In the 1st 2 years of DCI ( '72 & '73 ) only 2 Corps of the 40+ Corps in '72/ '73 DCI were from either Texas or California.

Today, a bit over 40% of the entire DCI Corps memberships come from just the 2 States of California and Texas.

There were actually three in '73 (SCV, AK and VK). Carry on, though...