Cadets Announce 2018 Program

10 minutes ago, Peel Paint said:

Seriously?? Considering the show title, that's ironic.

If ever there was a summer when Cadets could have used a bounce from audiences united and pulling for them, 2018 was it.

So why on earth would new people design a show with four presumably amplified singers which, right off the bat, reminds people of the fired director and turns some in the audience completely off?

Tone deaf.

If I were to hazard a guess, the singers that the previous design called for were already contracted before everything went down

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peel Paint said:

If ever there was a summer when Cadets could have used a bounce from audiences united and pulling for them, 2018 was it.

So why on earth would new people design a show with four presumably amplified singers which, right off the bat, reminds people of the fired director and turns some in the audience completely off?

Tone deaf.

They were already members prior to GH termination 

8 minutes ago, afd said:

Yeah. I didn't want to be negative about singers but I can only think they were accepted as performers before this whole thing went down with GH.

Also, doesn't mean singers have to be associated with GH.. It's not like other corps haven't used singers lately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Every show deserves a chance. Maybe they do a 30-second quartet of "For Holy Name Shall Be" and do a show that everyone can get behind. But I see far more potential downside than upside to this because of what it will remind people.

I’m no fan of singers. Simply because the acoustics can never be controlled in different stadiums. It takes hours for bands to setup for venues and that’s something corps don’t have time to do. 

In addition, the quality of voice, electronics and ensemble are never ever consistent. Frankly I have yet to see the value of narrative or voice in any production on a football field. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I’m no fan of singers. Simply because the acoustics can never be controlled in different stadiums. It takes hours for bands to setup for venues and that’s something corps don’t have time to do. 

In addition, the quality of voice, electronics and ensemble are never ever consistent. Frankly I have yet to see the value of narrative or voice in any production on a football field. 

So you don’t like singing?  Who knew?  :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Also, doesn't mean singers have to be associated with GH.. It's not like other corps haven't used singers lately.

come on now, this is DCP....everything was his fault

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peel Paint said:

Tone deaf.

Non-sequitur. The singers and GH's misdeeds don't match.

2 hours ago, Peel Paint said:

Every show deserves a chance. Maybe they do a 30-second quartet of "For Holy Name Shall Be" and do a show that everyone can get behind. But I see far more potential downside than upside to this because of what it will remind people.

I guess singers from other corps will remind them of him too? :blink::doh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1