Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

28 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

There are lots of young, talented, honorable,, trustworthy people of unimpeachable character around youth, that are ready, willing, and able to fill the shoes of any older skanks that remain in this activity we all say we love.  No more " business as usual". No more " second chances ". No more excuses that " well, it was years ago, " and somehow we believe he's had a surgical character transplant in the interim. No more environments where " I felt like if I went to mgt  who hired the guy, I'd be damaging the Corps,"..... or...." no one there took it seriously ".... . If this isn't a serious wake up call to DCI, with alarm bells going off left and right that for WAY too long, some bad actors were able to work in Corps, then this will have all been for naught. Its regrettable that the shady character people have become what is read in the national media of late... when there are so many great and wonderful people doing thankless, wonderful, life enriching things with young people. Thats so sad. Thats why all the good ones need to stand up and take back the DCI Brand that is being so damaged lately. I hope the good ones do so. I believe they will. But its going to be painful the remaining cleansing that needs to take place and that apparently was long overdue. Decades of this is not going to be solved in a week, a month, a year. Its going to take time to clean house.. DCI Drum Corps will come out better in the end. Too many good people in this activity to let it all fall down on their watch because of some bad apples allowed to hang around this youth activity because of the wholly irresponsible actions of those who hire/ retain/ or approve the association with their Corps and with DCI of adults with known high levels of risk behaviors among the unknowing/ vulnerable/ the young.

There are older people as well. All I'll say on that. The skunks and bums can go load my freakin' truck instead.

Edited by BigW
Clarification

3 hours ago, pbeau said:

I know Morrison has done a great job resurrecting the Crossmen but this was a major blunder on his part. The State of Florida ruled Moody he was not fit to be around students and that should have been the end of the story. 

Asking a question- Wasn't Morrison the Director at Ronald Reagan before he went to to Crossmen? If so, he just should've known better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigW said:

Asking a question- Wasn't Morrison the Director at Ronald Reagan before he went to to Crossmen? If so, he just should've known better.

No. He was not the Director of Ronald Reagan; that was Mark Chambers. Fred was the owner of VP Racing Fuel.

15 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

No. He was not the Director of Ronald Reagan; that was Mark Chambers. Fred was the owner of VP Racing Fuel.

Thanks, was uncertain. The corps site really doesn't have anything about the backgrounds of the management and staff

Edited by BigW
Clarification

31 minutes ago, BigW said:

Their current director is Dan Morrison. Good guy, who’s doing a great job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Their current director is Dan Morrison. Good guy, who’s doing a great job.

And not related to Fred.

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Did you read the article?  Two different staffers, in 2013 and in 2014, talked to the corps director about this person's conduct and actions that made them uncomfortable. So, third chance?  Fourth chance?

Agreed....very suspicious also that...as recently as last month

"Moody’s name abruptly disappeared from the staff list on Crossmen’s website last month."

What were they trying to hide?...This answer here is real obvious...

• Like 1

Just now, Liahona said:

Agreed....very suspicious also that...as recently as last month

"Moody’s name abruptly disappeared from the staff list on Crossmen’s website last month."

What were they trying to hide?...This answer here is real obvious...

That’s what troubles me.  I think the first step to healing this activity after we weed out the creepers, is for the groups to communicate better with one another.