Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

1 minute ago, Old Corps Guy said:

As I recall, you did wear a Hawaiian shirt to one the Blue Devils rehearsals at my school.

Oops, there it is!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that a show I was working, I ask???  :laughing:

I wear them all summer... sometimes during the winter. :tongue:  Just not at outdoor shows anymore.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Bayonne?

As a matter of fact, yes!!!!

I was filling in that year for the Bridgemen's regular announcer, who couldn't make the gig.   I figured I'd trot out my best "Bayonne Banana Yellow" shirt.  :tongue:

2 hours ago, dans said:

I'm really trying to avoid involvement in this conversation. However, given the current volatile environment in DCI, this just doesn't make good sense. If Morrison either resigned on his own or was forced to resign (from the DCI BoD), how is he still director of the Crossmen? Doesn't a resignation in this situation indicate wrong doing on his part? OK...back to being a spectator.

one may be finalized. the other may not be yet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Morrison stepped down as Chair, not sure if he's still one of the six affiliated directors on the Board. Cathy Black, one of the three unaffiliated Directors, is the new Chair, which marks the first time a non-corps director has been in that position.

this i think is long overdue

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not going to happen. 

then he needs to be a helluva lot more forthcoming and be prepared to deal with a lot of #### flung his way.

good intentions aside, for 6 years he had a guy on admin/staff that had lost his teaching license for sex texting students and was not once forthcoming about it to parents and students, and former staff have expressed they were rebuffed when raising concerns or realized it was pointless to raise concerns. While nothing potentially criminal ( that we know of) like in the YEA situation, it's a PR disaster, even in a right wing state like Texas

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 2

Well, a non-corps director as Chair of the BoD is a great start at changing the way DCI operates.  I have always (and I mentioned earlier in this thread) said that DCI being here by the corps and for the corps makes for a difficult business setup.  A very closely held, controlled business environment to say the least.  Maybe, just maybe, we are seeing some of the changes that could possibly help the entire activity not just survive beyond us old folks, but thrive!  

And no, I am not wearing my rose colored glasses here. I am just taking an optimistic view for now.  They still have a  huge amount of work ahead of them, and many more difficult subjects/areas to change.  It wont be easy, but I like the start.  Just horrible that it had to start as a result of horrible behavior by some of the adult leaders.

Mike

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Morrison stepped down as Chair, not sure if he's still one of the six affiliated directors on the Board. Cathy Black, one of the three unaffiliated Directors, is the new Chair, which marks the first time a non-corps director has been in that position.

If true, DCI will also have had its 1st Chairperson of the DCI Board of Directors that is a Women. I don't believe Mary Pesceone served as Chair in the early years of DCI.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

While nothing potentially criminal ( that we know of) like in the YEA situation, it's a PR disaster, even in a right wing state like Texas

... or a potential PR disaster in the left wing City of San Antonio for that matter.

Actually though, the political bent of a region, state, city is irrelevant to any of this as a potential PR disaster, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4