Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

2 hours ago, BigW said:

Sailors will be sailors. I've heard stuff from several of them that curled my hair, even after all the Corps parties I went to back when it was the wild frontier. But there's a line that was crossed, even by the standards extant in 1991.

As a Naval Officer, there’s a difference though.  The Navy is big on public discipline. If things like this happen in the Navy (and they do), heads will roll.  And the Navy disciplines it’s leaders publicly for all to see.  Ship commanding officers who get caught in inappropriate relationships are made famous for it, and not after a lengthy legal process.

After Tailhook ALL Officer promotions were held up until you could prove that you weren’t there. If you were there, you were done.(I wasn’t there!)

• Thanks 1

Understood. When I first posted I had forgotten that PAs change was to report to law enforcement. Previous law just had school workers report up their chain. Of course if up the chain ignores or hides it, which is what happened at PSU. DCP needs an option to delete your post which is what I really wanted to do.

59 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

As a Naval Officer, there’s a difference though.  The Navy is big on public discipline. If things like this happen in the Navy (and they do), heads will roll.  And the Navy disciplines it’s leaders publicly for all to see.  Ship commanding officers who get caught in inappropriate relationships are made famous for it, and not after a lengthy legal process.

After Tailhook ALL Officer promotions were held up until you could prove that you weren’t there. If you were there, you were done.(I wasn’t there!)

Mechanicsburg had a head who entered the Pentagon as an Admiral.... he came out a civilian due to sexual harassment. Even made a two sentence blurb on NBC Nightly news that evening.