Is this story true?

This summer I was chatting with a retired music teacher here in Kenosha, Wis. We started talking about drum corps, and he told me this story about the Cavaliers which he thinks took place in the 1980s:

Apparently the Cavies were set to perform in Racine and were staying at one of the high schools. Some of the corps members were reportedly cruising through the halls of the school and found a bunch of caps and gowns left over from the graduation ceremony. The members took the caps and gowns and put them on over their uniforms before taking the field. They then ripped off the caps and gowns after the corps was introduced.

So is this story true?

I don't know about this one, maybe someone can confirm. I do remember one great story from 1985. The school we were staying at had their football team beginning their practices during the time we were at Camp Randall. When we returned from Quarterfinals, we discovered that a lot of our personal items were missing from the gym. We quickly retaliated and found their football gear safely stowed away in their vented lockers and proceeded to use our God given gear to water their helmets and pads...I wonder how their practice went the next day. :lol:

I don't know about this one, maybe someone can confirm. I do remember one great story from 1985. The school we were staying at had their football team beginning their practices during the time we were at Camp Randall. When we returned from Quarterfinals, we discovered that a lot of our personal items were missing from the gym. We quickly retaliated and found their football gear safely stowed away in their vented lockers and proceeded to use our God given gear to water their helmets and pads...I wonder how their practice went the next day. :fight:

Gee I hope it was actually football players as opposed to some corps scumbag you should have been peeing on.

I don't know about this one, maybe someone can confirm.  I do remember one great story from 1985.  The school we were staying at had their football team beginning their practices during the time we were at Camp Randall.  When we returned from Quarterfinals, we discovered that a lot of our personal items were missing from the gym.  We quickly retaliated and found their football gear safely stowed away in their vented lockers and proceeded to use our God given gear to water their helmets and pads...I wonder how their practice went the next day. :fight:

Gee I hope it was actually football players as opposed to some corps scumbag you should have been peeing on.

Yes, I'm sure it was the football team. We stayed so far out of Madison (Black Earth, if memory serves) that there was not a sound of another corps for miles. We also had several conversational exchanges with those meatheads as well...

And there are those that believe housing is the single biggest problem threatening the activity.

Homer! The incident occurred almost 20 years ago! Housing IS becoming a major problem for DCI and show sponsors. I'd venture to say, however, that this incident may NOT be having much CURRENT impact on that situation.

Leave my boys alone! I have pictures of your "cell phone!" ^0^