Inquirer Story: Prosecutors Set Sites on Former Drum Corps Director

43 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

This week we have been discussing regretable " a second chance " situations. In this future scenario you are presenting to us, you are essentially asking us do we think that George Hopkins might actually get a " second chance " to perhaps damage the Cadets Corps/ YEA beyond what he has already done. Keep in mind that any future " found innocent at trial " would have been in a prosecution criminal trial that developed under the guidelines of the Pennsylvania Statute of Limitations ( 12 years ) to bring a prosecutable alleged rape trial before a jury at trial... in a Criminal Court.

if in the scenario you are asking us,  should Hopkins be found innocent should a future criminal case trial take place, would he then perhaps afterwards sue the YEA Board for " wrongful termination "  in a Civil Trial Court.

Not in a million years, imo. Why? Because if Hopkins then sued YEA, he would then open himself up to have every one of the 10 or more alleged victims to then testify at a Civil Court Trial to what he allegedly did to them. Such a civil lawsuit defense by YEA in your scenario would be under no Statute of Limitations requirements to not bring in their  sworn testimony to justify YEA's termination of George Hopkins at YEA by the new YEA Board there. So would GH want to go down that road and sue YEA, and open himself up to THAT in a Civil Court lawsuit trial ? Not a chance.

So no, no matter what happens moving forward, George Hopkins is not ever going to  get a " second chance "  to destroy YEA, nor the Cadets. nor Cadets2.  So you can put that imagination scenario aside. 'Not Happenin'.

yeah trying to go back after YEA would open up so many worms the judge would probably laugh out loud

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

If Hopkins sued YEA, he would then open himself up to have every one of the ten or more alleged victims then testify at a civil trial to what he allegedly did to them. Such a civil lawsuit defense by YEA in your scenario would be under no statute of limitations preventing them from using their  sworn testimony to justify YEA's termination of George Hopkins at YEA by the new YEA Board there. So would GH want to go down that road and sue YEA, and open himself up to THAT in a civil lawsuit? Not a chance.

Presenting their 2019 show ... DISCOVERY!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Presenting their 2019 show ... DISCOVERY!

..... Where everybody" sings".

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Presenting their 2019 show ...

DISCOVERY!

. . . . . where everybody "sings".

And it was good, brother.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah trying to go back after YEA would open up so many worms the judge would probably laugh out loud

And YEA board would need clean underwear just thinking about it 

Now when I think back on all my experiences in Cadets, the good and bad, and seeing him all the time, hearing him talk 3-5 times a day...all I can think of now is "did he rape anyone that day?"

Anyway I hope he gets his rewards and the victims are able to heal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

Now when I think back on all my experiences in Cadets, the good and bad, and seeing him all the time, hearing him talk 3-5 times a day...all I can think of now is "did he rape anyone that day?"

Anyway I hope he gets his rewards and the victims are able to heal.

Or when he claimed he was working 18 hours a day. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Would this go to a grand jury, or could the DA decide to prosecute on its own (I need to stop watching Law & Order).

Probably not, unless they find the case involves multi-jurisdictional issues (e.g., multiple counties) or the DA has some conflict of interest and refers it to the state attorney general.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 1