Drum Corps Map and Daily Rundown

June 1, 2018

The Cadets move to Ada, OH.

EFuV8xv.jpg

Oregon Crusaders move into Portland, OR. The corps has been placing tightly around its Lucas Oil Stadium average of 18.9 for the past several years. 2017 was the corps lowest finish (20) since first appearing at LOS in 2011 (20).

V0qqy92.jpg

June 2, 2018

Blue Knights move to Conifer, CO.

h1IbLyn.jpg

Colts move to Independence, IA.

rCkHqrG.jpg

Pacific Crest moves in to Diamond Bar, CA. The corps heads into the 2018 season having performed below its Lucas Oil Stadium average for four years in a row (21, 19, 21, 20 versus 18.7 average). 

ft7CLxj.jpg

• Thanks 1

Bluecoats are now in Ft Wayne  until the 5th, I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, dsundercover said:

2bfdoz.jpg

This is probably a matter of Bluecoats wanting to keep their show confidential which I think adds to the intrigue.

Video and recording can be clear regarding copyright laws, still photography is a different mattersince Sound is not being captured. I’m a huge amateur photographer and belong to a camera club and attend photo conferences, and these kinds of issues come up all the time regarding still photography. If it is public property but it it being rented privately, can photography be restricted? Can you take photos without written consent from the people being photographed? What constitutes journalism and journalistic photography? It’s all gray areas and courts decide in all kinds of ways, with one court interpreting a case one way with a completely different opinion in another court.

Regarding Bluecoats and this situation, if it is private property, leave the camera at home. Where it could get very interesting is if you are a staff member or volunteer with another corps. For insurance purposes volunteers are often considered non paid employees. This is important in the case of injuries. If you are on staff or volunteer, take photos and show them to the corps you either work for or volunteer with, even if no money changes hands, it is considered commercial rather than journalistic photography. So if someone who is on staff or volunteers with Corps X shows up at a Bluecoats practice, takes photos and brings them back to Corps X, this could be a clear violation. The most common situation where this occurs would be youth and high school football practices.

Whether something is legal or not should not matter. Very few things are more creepy or obnoxious than rude photographers, professional or amateur. I’ve been in situations where I have been told to put my camera away. I do so, and if I missed a no photography sign, I apologize, and put the camera away. Sometimes those who told me to put the camera away will change their minds and allow me to take photos. If I started pointing out the law, the Constitution, or the like, I’d probably be told to take a hike.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2018 at 8:11 AM, PamahoNow said:

Bluecoats are now in Ft Wayne  until the 5th, I think.

My placement in Marion, IN is based on their website (http://bluecoats.com/events/). If you have a link to an official Bluecoats post/page that shows them in Ft. Wayne, please share it and I will be happy to adjust. Thanks!

June 3-June 6

No Changes

The only corps not moved in are Jersey Surf (June 8) and Seattle Cascades (June 15). Here is the current map nationwide:

b7kegvd.jpg

19 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

My placement in Marion, IN is based on their website (http://bluecoats.com/events/). If you have a link to an official Bluecoats post/page that shows them in Ft. Wayne, please share it and I will be happy to adjust. Thanks!

Fired up at tonight's ensemble. We're still on our mini tour for the weekend, and will be at Homestead through early Tuesday morning. Thanks for having us! And come check us out if you're in the area!