In The News – Amid Sexual-Misconduct Scandal, A New Code Of Conduct For Drum Corps

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Well, believe it or not, that has happened (back in 1970s).

You can't make this stuff up.

I get your point... and the Corps/names you are referring to. But to be a little more precise, if its who I believe you are talking about, he was not convicted of Murder. The Homicide charge was later dropped before trial , If I recall ( under unclear, mysterious circumstances in my view... but thats beside the point). He spent some time in prison for involuntary manslaughter with that incident, I believe however, ( bad enough).

Edited by BRASSO

59 minutes ago, Eleran said:

PS - one of the three appendices which is  actually attached to the Policies, is the Whistleblower policy, which appears to have been adopted in Jan. 2010 and revised Nov. 2014, and which includes the following:

"Executive Director.  The Drum Corps International Executive Director is responsible for investigating and resolving all reported complaints and allegations concerning violations and shall advise the Audit Committee regarding all complaints and allegations.  The Executive Director has direct access to the audit committee of the board of directors and is required to report to the audit committee at least annually on compliance activity.  The audit committee is chair [sic] by a non-affiliated member of the Board of Directors."

Doesn't appear as if that was in place when Stuart Evan Rice purportedly telephoned Dan Acheson.

No but apparently others did ( not Hopkins)

Can I just say that @GUARDLING is absolutely unflappable? Nothing surprises him. Completely unphased by anything. :bigsmile:

• Haha 1

Just now, mingusmonk said:

Can I just say that @GUARDLING is absolutely unflappable? Nothing surprises him. Completely unphased by anything. :bigsmile:

This would so be true. It happens when you have been in the thick of it forever. If I were honest there still have been somethings that make me scratch my head. I may not show it ( or want to ) but unphased, hardly..lol

As far as unflappable. I have been known to go over the edge a few times.... BUT I do like the unflappable, don't know if it was sarcasm or a compliment. I will take the later..:biggrin:lol

35 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

This is the one I was referring to

I was thinking of the Joseph Kalady case in Chicago.  He was a big show sponsor in the ‘60’s.  

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-05-28/news/0305280201_1_federal-prisoners-charges-death

Edited by Terri Schehr

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

when you've been around since you had to kill the animal to make your drumhead, you really can't be surprised anymore

:laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was thinking of the Joseph Kalady case in Chicago.  He was a big show sponsor in the ‘60’s.  

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-05-28/news/0305280201_1_federal-prisoners-charges-death

Thanks.  I had not heard of this one.  Never too late to learn something new.   

I wonder if Drum Corps needs a policy on 'Faking Your Own Death"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Thanks.  I had not heard of this one.  Never too late to learn something new.   

I wonder if Drum Corps needs a policy on 'Faking Your Own Death"?

That would leave out most of Phantom Regiment's show designs, no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1