2018 Predictions

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Cost wise, going out west this year was a bridge too far for the Cadets. It was a financially prudent decision to scrap that initial plan.

Good for the corps financial future but stinks for those on the West Coast who were excited to both watch them AND support them.  They would have had a very warm reception, but it's understandable why they did so.  I hope the financial logistics continue to be the driving force behind that decision though as implying the West Coast is somehow a lesser experience would be insulting to many (you didn't say that, just a random comment) :)

7 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Good for the corps financial future but stinks for those on the West Coast who were excited to both watch them AND support them.  They would have had a very warm reception, but it's understandable why they did so.  I hope the financial logistics continue to be the driving force behind that decision though as implying the West Coast is somehow a lesser experience would be insulting to many (you didn't say that, just a random comment) :)

Most non west Corps enjoy going out west. They love performing out there. West Coast audiences treat them well.  I've personally never heard anyone say that going out there is somehow " a lesser experience ", so I really have no explanation for that, if thats what you've heard or seemingly implied in some quarters.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Everyone I've talked to raves about the West Coast shows.  The facilities and venues are top notch, and the shows are well run and prompt.  Fewer problems like weather, parking, etc.  Definitely not a lesser experience.  The Cadets must be glad to hear they have excited West Coast supporters.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

When all the Cadets' news broke in early April, I said in this forum that due simply to the sheer logistics of having to replace to replace a very experienced (albeit personally monstrous) director, they'd almost certainly fare poorly this year. But I wonder. In the long term, losing Hopkins is, even in competitive terms, addition by subtraction. They cut out one big logistical headache by forgoing the west coast tour. Could they, as a few others have suggested, turn things around this year? I'm still pondering.

It is a HUGE postive, IMO, that Hopkins is gone. One has to just read YEA on Glassdoor to get an understanding of how he was bringing that organization down. He should have stopped playing in the design sandbox a long time ago and let his team do the work. Regardless of where the Cadets place, I think they are lucky to be rid of him.

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, JoshClements403 said:

My only prediction is that I think The Cadets will prove a lot of people wrong and place much higher than anyone expects them to. The percussion will compete for the Sanford this year, hold me to it.

Simple--I agree!!

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, Jim Schehr said:

Blue Devils announced their 2018 repertoire. DCI responded by affirming that they will be the 2018 champion.

You once told me "never" bet against BD :)

Fan of the Arts

Edited by Fan of the Arts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan of the Arts said:

You once told "never" bet against BD :)

Fan of the Arts

If you do the same thing the same way all the time there is no reason to expect a different result. “Never” bet against BD. 

Just now, Jim Schehr said:

If you do the same thing the same way all the time there is no reason to expect a different result. “Never” bet against BD. 

Unless they already won twice in a row :tongue:

My Predictions:

1 Blue Devils

2 Cavaliers

3 Santa Clara Vanguard

4 Carolina Crown

5 Bluecoats

6 Boston Crusaders

7 Phantom Regiment

8  Cadets

9 Madison Scouts

10 Blue Knights

11 Blue Stars

12 The Academy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The thing about going out west. Is the experience competing against bd early. Didn't Cadets and Crown win the title when they went west?

Edited by 1977Kingsmen
  • Like 1