2018 Predictions

On 5/22/2018 at 5:12 PM, Jim Schehr said:

If you do the same thing the same way all the time there is no reason to expect a different result. “Never” bet against BD. 

If you do the same thing , the same way all the time, You will get caught! You will get passed by, Eventually. Devils medal, Not Gold. Who Knows.

• Like 1

My spring training rankings for the top 3:

1. Crown

2. SCV

3. BD 

my next two corps:

4. Boston

5. Bluecoats

then:

6. Cavaliers

7. Regiment

8. Cadets

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Crossmen 

12. Mandarins 

I personally expect an extremely strong line up of corps this summer 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2018 at 12:23 PM, Dcbae!23 said:

The tricky thing about placements is that it's a zero-sum game. For one corps to rise in rankings, another has to fall. Tough to predict when you like and root for so many of the corps, because they can't all win gold, or all make finals.

Yeah, it underscores how good the corps are.  There are going to be some brutal decisions for the judges. 

On 5/27/2018 at 12:47 PM, Barneveld said:

Jeff Ream's predictions seem to be the most accurate every year.

they call me nostrildamus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

<Disclaimer: This is a combo of what I think will happen, wishful thinking, and how strong I feel about their show (except for Blooo and SCV who have yet to announce).>

1. BD- Would like to see a new face at the top, but for the first time in a long time, I am really digging this show announcement and rep coming out of Concord. 

2. Crown- Well, yeah. 

3. SCV- When I first heard last years show announcement, I didn't think it would be that strong of a show, but boy was I wrong. I think they will announce their program soon, prior to their first show, according to what Michael Gaines tweeted today. I think momentum is on their side, but could easily see Boston, Cavies, or Coats sneaking into the top 3 too. 

4. Boston- Putting up a strong fight for medal contention, but I think it will take a little more time. Prove me wrong BAC!

5. Cavies- Another strong year for cavies, but will be edged out come finals.

6. Cadets- I see the corps really working their butts off to prove themselves after everything that has been going on. Late season surge possibly?

7. Bluecoats- No idea what they are bringing to the table this year. Probably completely wrong on this one. 

8. Phantom- Loving this show announcement, I think they are back on the upswing. Rooting that they could maybe even place higher.

9. Crossmen- Simply who I think in this range of corps has the most potential to climb the ranks. 

10. Blue Stars- Interested to see how strong this show will be. I found last year to be a little cluttered in design. 

11. BK- Show concept scares me a little, losing the brass caption head will hurt them. 

12. Mandarins- One of the first to announce their program and I was pleasantly surprised how refreshing and new this concept should be. They will make finals this year. 

13. Madison- Scouts will be out, but usually a perennial finalist, would always enjoy to see them to sneak in to grab the last spot. 

• Like 3

As we get closer to Tour Premier, this is my “not so official” official picks:

1) Blue Devils

1) Crown

3) Bluecoats

4) SCV

5) Cavies

6) Phantom

7) Cadets

8) Boston

9) Blue Knights

10) Blue Stars

11) Colts 

12) Crossmen

OK, don’t rake me over the coals just yet!!! LOL!!! I do believe there will be a tie at the top, simply because it’s been a while since we’ve seen one! I do think this year is LOADED! Should be fun! I was able to hear the Colts show in Dubuque at the end of their Memorial Day Parade, and let’s just say THIS AIN’T YOUR MAMA’S COLTS!!! WOW!!!! Drum Corps fans will LOVE this years production!!!!

• Like 3

1 - BD

2 - Crown

3 - SCV

4 - Bloo

5 - Cavies

6 - Boston

7 - Madison

8 - Cadets

9 - Phantom

10  - Crossmen

11 - Mandarins