2018 Predictions

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The top half of Finals will contain the same exact corps as last year (BD, Bluecoats, Boston, Cavaliers, Crown, SCV), but where they place will depend almost exclusively on show design. I'm not going to say any more about these corps other than it will be hard to picture BD anywhere other than in the top 2 (but it could very well happen).

So true. I can’t wait to see what everyone has to offer this year. The assessment you made for top 6 could easily apply to who will stay in top 12. Manderins and Academy in particular have been pushing so hard and Colts and Troopers are right on their heels. I find each year it’s harder and harder to go watch the lot because I don’t want to miss the full shows. Heck, even bathroom breaks are getting harder to time! It’s going to be another great year!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ediker said:

Don't you love looking at charts?  

Below is a chart I made of the current Top 12's placements for the past 15 years.  While the average movement might be a spot or two, there are some pretty dramatic moves for individual corps.  Boston made a significant jump in 2017, but there have been others (Blue Stars 2008, Madison 2010, Crossmen 2012, Cadets 2011)... not to mention some of the big drops.  It's true that many of the current Top 12 were in the mix 15 years ago, so not much movement in that regard.

Q7N6BG0.png

That's a great chart!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 5:19 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Wow ... Bluecoats must be having a terrible off season! 

"We have to be much smarter, or it's never, ever going to end."

14 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That's a great chart!

Now wait a minute. Thats my superlative! "Believe me. I know a thing or two about making things Great!" :peek:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I think it's interesting how Bluecoats and Boston were at opposite ends of the 2016 finalists, and then met near the middle in 2017.

True. Love the chart... much more movement (for most) than I would have guessed. 

• Like 1

1. Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavies/SCV

4. SCV/Cavies

5. Bluecoats

6. Boston

7. Phantom

8. Cadets

for starters this is my first ever post on here and i am quite new to DCI i started following closely in 2015. 

as far as my predictions go I am very excited for Crown and Boston this year. Boston looks like they have their eyes set for top 3 and i have no doubt that they will get it but not this year. I think crown is hungry for gold and is ready to take it with a vengeance. their battery is developing very very nicely and their brass shocks me every time i see them. i think that this is the year that crown will get a championship. 

I think the cavaliers are going to really surprise people this year but i am undecided on if they will medal or not.

.......blue devils.......

bluecoats can always just turn their volume up and get top 5 because why not.

SCV Won't release much so idk. going off of last year they can definitely medal

Cadets: i am really rooting on them this year. i want them to do great and i wish them the very best. i think this year will be one to develop. 

my personal favorites are Crown, SCV and Boston.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

Welcome to the forum Zachary :)

Thankyou!

• Like 1