2018 Predictions

12 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Agreed. So far we’ve heard that 6 out of last years top 7 have improved products and the other has 18 DCI titles soooo...

While improved brass, percussion and guard is great, we all know that show design is the deal breaker.

And show design itself is the last thing anyone can comment on as it is the last piece of the puzzle that is put out for all to see.  Up to that point we see guard work that can tell us how good they may be but they all get to the corps pretty late these days.  We get to hear the brass and percussion first, so we have only that to comment on up to ST for all these corps. Improvement of quality and book can be assessed by all of us experts before ST and during ST until the drill is set.  LOL.  This is the week that may give everyone an idea of the program and its potential.

• Like 1

I'm surprised at seeing all the low placements for SCV. What we saw last year wasn't a fluke, it was years of progress coming together. Best percussion and guard last year, and a 3rd place brass line. They are literally a blink away from winning the title, and the addition of Gaines should only bring better results. Of course, you never know, but in a predictions thread I expected to see SCV in the top 2 a lot more than not.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I'm surprised at seeing all the low placements for SCV. What we saw last year wasn't a fluke, it was years of progress coming together. Best percussion and guard last year, and a 3rd place brass line. They are literally a blink away from winning the title, and the edition of Gaines should only bring better results. Of course, you never know, but in a predictions thread I expected to see SCV in the top 2 a lot more than not.

Before I respond I want to know your rationale for this.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I'm surprised at seeing all the low placements for SCV. What we saw last year wasn't a fluke, it was years of progress coming together. Best percussion and guard last year, and a 3rd place brass line. They are literally a blink away from winning the title, and the edition of Gaines should only bring better results. Of course, you never know, but in a predictions thread I expected to see SCV in the top 2 a lot more than not.

Which edition of Gaines would this be? 

• Haha 3

Just now, Barneveld said:

Isn't he more involved with this years show? Isn't he writing the drill this year? That's what I meant. I know he was involved last year, but I was under the impression his involvement was to a greater extent this year.

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Isn't he more involved with this years show? Isn't he writing the drill this year? That's what I meant. I know he was involved last year, but I was under the impression his involvement was to a greater extent this year.

Oh, you meant addition?

1 minute ago, Barneveld said:

Oh, you meant addition?

Ugh, yes. It was an autocorrect. Jeglagged. Travelled 24 hours yesterday.

Edited by queenanne_1536

I think the top 6 will be in the upper 94 range and above. Any any placement in the top 6 will be an accomplishment. We will see some nice back and forths through the season before the shows will settle and placements will become more apparent.

I wasn’t feeling BD’s music as much as I was last season at this time.

I have no idea what to expect from SCV as I haven’t heard anything other than a percussion run through. And my tuba ears can’t tell anything about percussion.

The run through I saw of crown seemed like a high school show. And the Bruckner wasn’t my favorite choice stylistically. But it’s way too early with no props or uniforms.

Basically I don’t know who I would choose to win. I think based off trajectory we get:

BD

Crown

SCV

Cavaliers

Bluecoats

Boston

Cadets

BK

Blue Stars

Phantom

Crossmen

Mandarins

I think it’ll be a good season, again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. SCV

2.  Crown

3.  Boston

4.  Blue Devils

5.  Bluecoats

6.  Cavaliers

7.  Cadets

8.  Blue Knights

9.  Colts

10. Blue Stars

11.  Academy

12. Mandarins 

13.  Crossmen 

14.  Phantom 

15. Madison

15. BDB

16.  Genesis

17.  Troopers

18    Spirit

19.  SCV Cadets

20.  Oregon Crusaders 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barneveld said:

The one that designs awesome drill and shows....

• Like 1