DCI HoF determination on Hopkins delayed unit at least September

3 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Where is Boss Jim Gettys when we need him???  :tongue:

5594a350755afc0b0a7df758d1d1938d.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

5594a350755afc0b0a7df758d1d1938d.png

LOL!!! For my money, this is the pivotal scene in that movie. The moment that accelerated Kane's downfall.

Great actor playing the Jim Gettys role.... Ray Collins, later of Lt. Tragg fame on Perry Mason.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

dr49jq.jpg

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'm not a journalist, and i don't care how many clicks she gets. I care that she gets facts right, and helps expose ######## that deserve to be exposed.

To date I am stunned no male on male harassment issues have come to the forefront

In the news we are used to seeing an allegation made against a celebrity or powerful organization and all sorts of people come out of the woodwork. More often than not, revelations come out at a slower pace. You also have to have victims who are willing to come forward. Also, in these situations, more often than not a victim contacts a lawyer first, not the press, and the lawyer decides when it is best to go public, usually after there is enough evidence for a case to go to court.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

LOL!!! For my money, this is the pivotal scene in that movie. The moment that accelerated Kane's downfall.

Great actor playing the Jim Gettys role.... Ray Collins, later of Lt. Tragg fame on Perry Mason.

I'm a big fan of Citizen Kane.

From a plot perspective this was an important scene.

To me,the scene(s) of Kane and his wife at breakfast showing,in  just a few minutes ,the deterioration of their relationship, was cinematic genius.

Citizen Kane was also the first film  to use  certain camera angles and shadows.

Orson Welles really outdid himself.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, fireshane1 said:

“Give the governor a Harumph!!!”

I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, cowtown said:

I’m not bothered by the delay, prefer they get it correct as opposed to some half measure. Hoppy being in the Hall of Fame for a few more months is pretty irrelevant as is the HOF in general as it’s seem to be mainly resume fodder.

Tricia most certainly has another agenda, getting paid and getting clicks. She stumbled into a loyal, niche activity and is using that loyalty to promote her career because she knows they will follow her every word. *Click*. To be expected as its the nature of the best. I’m not saying this to be unfair but when talking about quality journalism to ignore it and pretend otherwise, insults me.  Anyone sniff out her social media history and see how this story is spiking for her as a context? Altruistic journalism has been dead for a long time, even if it ever exited; Watergate helped put the nail in the coffin. But anyway, overall,  she is doing an OK job, a little sloppy and would it hurt to reference the Chicago Manuel of Style a few times or perhaps gift it to her editors?

Here is the problem. With Hopkins still a HOF Member he has an access pass to EVERY DCI show this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Another optics problem for DCI. 

Made worse by imprecise characterizations.

The hall of fame committee has met, decided that the DCI member corps should have a say in developing a revocation process, and put it on the agenda for the next such meeting.  That is not inaction.

Member corps meetings are annual, each September, so that is when this issue will be dealt with.  That is not a delay.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Made worse by imprecise characterizations.

The hall of fame committee has met, decided that the DCI member corps should have a say in developing a revocation process, and put it on the agenda for the next such meeting.  That is not inaction.

Member corps meetings are annual, each September, so that is when this issue will be dealt with.  That is not a delay.

Just so I understand.

Is there currently a process to revoke someone's HOF membership or not ?