Spirit of Atlanta 2018

Go Spirit of Atlanta! One of my favorites at the first DCI show I ever saw in Pittsburgh and way to kick the season off in Pittsburgh! 

Only saw a run through from a couple of weeks ago on the web...but what a fun entertaining program. Can't wait to see you at semifinals!

Keep pushing! Hopefully Spirit will make big loud and live and maybe even finals! (PS one of my favorites at finals in 2012 too)

EDIT: congratulations on the nonhead to head score debut at 13. A lot of the competition has 2-3 performances in already.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 5

On 5/28/2018 at 1:32 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

i_am_the_one_who_knocks__by_brandon91995

Huh.

After seeing their dress rehearsal video I knew this show had legs.  I called the upset over Madison last night about 3 days ago in the prediction thread.  Way to go spirit.   Nice to see you back in the hunt

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SOA Dad said:

Bump. :) What a nice start to the season this evening!

congrats to everyone at the Spirit organization, keep up the GREAT work, cant wait to see you in person.

• Like 2

Just wanted to add this from the Pittsburgh thread.  SoA has a lot on the ball this season!  Congratulations to all who contributed to this turnaround!  Excited that this iconic corps is returning to the competitive conversation!  

Just now, Ediker said:

P.s. My guests at the show (who are not drum corps peeps) said their favorite of the evening was Spirit of Atlanta.  They acknowledged that others may have been technically better, but that Spirit was the most entertaining. 

Congratulations to SoA staff and MMs for a great comeback debut!!!!  

• Like 2

On 6/17/2018 at 9:37 PM, BlueStainGlass said:

1) Why knock when you can see through the doors?! (these is complete sarcasm for those that wont get it)

2) how old is the tenor player that looks 12??

This will do much better than last years show!

Edited by EMiranda

SO stoked to be entertained by SOA on Sunday in Lawrence!  I expect to perhaps be more impressed by a couple others there, but I'm hearing that this year's SOA show is even more engaging than last year's (Which I LOVED!!!!!!!!) and it sure sounds like proficiency's up, so I am dying to see them!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EMiranda said:

The whole tenor line is 18-19 years old! :)

When I saw Spirit last year in the early season, I saw potential for the future. You could see they were young, had a great deal to learn, but you could sense a certain amount of drive, which I also sensed in Allentown and Indy. I hoped it would continue this year. Comments I recently heard, actually third hand, but from someone whose opinion I trust had a friend who saw Spirit practice about a week ago used words such as ambitious, enthusiastic, and modest which to me says “we’re going to do our best and see where it lands us.” Based on last night’s scores and the DCP reactions, it sounds as if they’ll land in the thick of things. Top 12 may be a long shot, but top 15 may be within reach and Moms and Dads of marching members who can’t get to Indy may get to see them in the cinemas in August.

Looking forward to seeing Spirit live on Sunday night. 

• Like 3