Spirit of Atlanta 2018

On 7/28/2018 at 9:42 AM, CrownBariDad said:

Spirit's traditional wake up call in ATL:

To me, this is what Drum Corps is all about ... the traditions and the memories these kids will have for a life time.  I’m sitting on the plane back from Atlanta with tears in my eyes watching this.  Spirit is making this a special season and I hope the best for them ... keep knocking on that door.  Can’t wait to see you in Allentown and Indy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlueStarsDad said:

To me, this is what Drum Corps is all about ... the traditions and the memories these kids will have for a life time.  I’m sitting on the plane back from Atlanta with tears in my eyes watching this.  Spirit is making this a special season and I hope the best for them ... keep knocking on that door.  Can’t wait to see you in Allentown and Indy!

Now you got me with the weepy glees. :-)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SiFrySopUK said:

So does anyone think Spirit still have a chance of placing in top 12?

I really don't know that we'll have a good handle on that until prelims scores are in Thursday night. In any event, a tremendous season for Spirit regardless of which day their last performance occurs. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SOA Dad said:

I really don't know that we'll have a good handle on that until prelims scores are in Thursday night. In any event, a tremendous season for Spirit regardless of which day their last performance occurs. 

I’ve been out of it a few years but...... it’s not JUST the prelims and finals score now that get you in but a running culmutive score throughout the season? That’s the impression I got from an article on DCI.org. If true, that would mean it would be really hard to get the average up unless other corps scores DROP. Is this correct?

1 minute ago, KennyB said:

I’ve been out of it a few years but...... it’s not JUST the prelims and finals score now that get you in but a running culmutive score throughout the season? That’s the impression I got from an article on DCI.org. If true, that would mean it would be really hard to get the average up unless other corps scores DROP. Is this correct?

No, the prelims score gets you into semi’s, the semi score gets you into finals. The average scores of the regionals, this year only San Antonio and Atlanta due to Allentown’s Friday rainout of the final corps determine prelims performance order for WC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

No, the prelims score gets you into semi’s, the semi score gets you into finals. The average scores of the regionals, this year only San Antonio and Atlanta due to Allentown’s Friday rainout of the final corps determine prelims performance order for WC. 

Oh good. Glad I misunderstood. I loved the fact that back in the day a late season charge could land you in the finals. Would suck to have to make up for low early show scores especially when lots of complicated drill and scores don’t really lock in till later. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, SiFrySopUK said:

So does anyone think Spirit still have a chance of placing in top 12?

I do, and Spirit could have a sudden surge of adrenaline at semi’s, but you’d probably need a lackluster performance  from Crossmen and I don’t think you can disregard Academy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I do, and Spirit could have a sudden surge of adrenaline at semi’s, but you’d probably need a lackluster performance  from Crossmen and I don’t think you can disregard Academy.

i dont think Spirit will need to bump Crossmen, I think Phantom is vulnerable.

Edited by onionhead