2018 Tour Premiere

32 minutes ago, tedrick said:

Now *that's* what I call a nice costume!

While the fife and drum corps pictured is not from Colonial Williamsburg, if you visit you will learn that historical interpreters are costumed, but the fife and drum corps are uniformed, different uniforms for different occasions. They are also amazingly well trained, but that has nothing to do with the tour premiere.

On 6/7/2018 at 10:29 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I thought I’d bump this as we are now within the two week range.  Where will you be watching? :14_relaxed:

Regal Cantera, Warrenville, Illinois.  Preshow at Rock Bottom. 

Either Hamilton, NJ or North Brunswick, NJ.

• Like 1

I am going to be in the Grand Rapids, MI area at the time of the premiere. I will be going to the Celebration Cinema in Grandville nearby. It is going to be quite the change from my usual location in Palm Springs, CA. 

I was considering making the drive to Ford Field and watching it live. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

While the fife and drum corps pictured is not from Colonial Williamsburg, if you visit you will learn that historical interpreters are costumed, but the fife and drum corps are uniformed, different uniforms for different occasions. They are also amazingly well trained, but that has nothing to do with the tour premiere.

I think that was a jab at the uniform/costume debate. 

Ford Field for me. I am not going to make a prediction as I think Bluecoats is a show designed to peak in August not June. I think they are playing the long game this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

I think that was a jab at the uniform/costume debate. 

My reply was meant to be a jab too!:lle:

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

Is this not the "Old Guard" from the US Army ceremonial troops in McLean, VA.?

They wear both costumes and uniforms or uniforms that look like costumes but are uniformly worn as a custom.

I will be at the theater in Clifton NJ, if anyone else will be there from DCP.

I am looking forward to an epic season opener filled with wonderful show outlines / sketches and some wonderful brass.  I truly believe this season will be somewhat more competitive from 1-12 than some other seasons.

I’ll be at work :unsure:

I'll be in the last row at the Desert Ridge Theater in Phoenix, AZ.