2018 Tour Premiere

17 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So I’m going to probably presume you haven’t seen or heard them yet. :laughing:

I am very VERY much looking forward to seeing The Cadets Saturday night.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 7

I hate to harp, but quality wise this was the worst broadcast by far DCI has done  for a premiere.  The camera angles, the broadcasters still talking as the shows began. To top it all off, the theater I sat in made all the brass lines sound meek. 

Rant off,..just glad the season has begun !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

Bloo, Cavaliers and BAC were my favorites. If I never see the others again this season I won’t feel like I missed anything. 

I remember when people were criticizing Cadets because their stained glass windows were never integrated into the show. I saw  a lot of bones, claws or whatever doing a lot of nothing but taking up a lot of space. 

It was pretty clear that the people who attended the theater liked Cavies and Bloo, however they were very disappointed with two corps from Illinois and Wisconsin. One guy said out loud after one corps performance; “go home and practice”. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Alright... I'm back in it...

Have I missed much since I've been away?

Oh look at that!  Blooo for the opening night win!  It's becoming a tradition.

Looking forward to 'conversating' with all you... my fellow subculture fanatics... over the next couple of months!

• Like 4

I’m sure this won’t go over well but I don’t know how PR beat Blue Stars.  I thought PR was a mess.  Prop movement and set up was really bad.  The guard costumes blended into the field.  I guess I just don’t know #### about this stuff anymore. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I am very VERY much looking forward to see The Cadets Saturday night.  

After what I saw tonight I am too. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1

My favorite show was BlueCoats tonight.  I liked their music the best as well as their overall entertainment factor.  

• Like 3

Random musings on opening night.  Generally I love the Premiere because it makes all of the corps performing hit the road in a solid state.  All corps seemed very well prepared.

BS.  Really looked great and sounded great.  Lots to come I am sure.  But very solid.

PR.  A little rougher than BS, but a pretty solid vehicle for growth.  Interesting show that will grow.  But really did not like the arrangement of the going home piece in the middle.  

BAC.  Not the powerhouse fan friendly show of last year, but very well performed and a step up in maturity.  But I still hate words as drill.  And is it just me or did they look like the Cadets with those sashes and the purple color doing that drill?  Oh, and not a fan of those corps costumes.

Bluecoats.  My favorite of the night.  Fun show with tons of room for growth.  And Bela and Bird in B flat!!! Yes!  

Cavaliers.  Much to love about this show (finally) as I was not a fan of the recent past.  So many nods to their history throughout.  Great vehicle for them.

Crown.  Meh.  Brass was its super solid self, but why did they decide the thing to do was to feature the drum line as much as possible?  Not wise.  And visual will kill them this year.  Waaaay too cluttered and messy looking.  Is it just me or did they look like vintage Magic of Orlando?

• Like 7