2018 Tour Premiere

14 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

Something on that tube place about Madera CA 6/19/2018.

#Wink-Wink!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Entertainment wise

1. Blue Stars

Well, of course.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Can anyone honestly tell me after watching phantoms show what its about? People kept saying their design but that's the problem is their design. The what and the why. Why do the snares play tenors? What's the purpose of the props? Why that shape? I watched the video on the announcement and live I was confused. So if you got answers i will gladly take them. 

A better question I propose to you: Why does Blue Stars' drum major have a second pair of gloves tucked away in his apron? He's wearing gloves already. Shouldn't he wear the gloves he has in his apron? It makes no sense. One pair of gloves is enough.

Edited by Huntington Mallets

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

But if you do a straightforward show everyone complains about the design :rolleyes:

Not me. I complain about the design if I see the following:

+ Beating us over the head with the design.

+ Poor drill.

+ Poor guard staging.

+ Not enough brass playing.

+ Poor drill.

+ Demand for the sake of demand - and this is all over the place in today's DCI. Difficult runs for the sake of difficult runs, and a lack of melodic lines and building. It's just park and run, march, park and run, march, pack and run, march ... rinse and repeat. 

I freaking loved 2016 Blue Stars show so much. It was magnificent because it had so many great things happening, but I sure as hell wasn't going to read a novel on their website to understand what the show is about. BD last year, I got the references to their history, but the fan who hasn't been following the activity for 30+ years wouldn't. I felt the Cadets clubbed us over the head with their themes in 2015, 2016 and 2017 - overkill. I think 2017 Regiment didn't even have a theme. It was like, "let's play this, lets march that, and we'll call it Phantasm." 

I just think it's gotten way out of hand. I mean it's a 10 1/2 minute show. I just enjoy them for what they are. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huntington Mallets said:

A better question propose to you: Why does Blue Stars' drum major have a second pair of gloves tucked away in his apron? He's wearing gloves already. Shouldn't he wear the gloves he has in his apron? It makes no sense. One pair of gloves is enough.

So imagine you're in the lot and someone gets shot. You run over and they are bleeding all over. You apply pressure and save their life but your gloves are ruined. Aren't you glad you had a second pair in your handy dandy apron?! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Everyone did not love it by finals

Just sayin!

Perhaps. But a hell of a lot more people liked it at finals than this time during the season.

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Since I’m probably older than 90% of you, Let me just say that I was really diggin’ the beatnik vibe from Bloo. Bloopit was killing me with the black turtlenecks, berets,  and shades. Beboppin it. 

Yes!  I'm not as old as you, but I grew up grooving to this kind of jazz thanks to my dad (who is older than you).  Dad had a Columbia Record Club membership and although he generally prefers late 50's big band, he kept the club membership into the 60's so I grew up having all these great beatnik LPs around when I was kid.  He's still got those LPs stored in the garage. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Theater was practically empty.  Drum corps interest is not thriving in my area of the world. 

Milford had a good crowd

• Like 1