2018 Tour Premiere

from purely a design standpoint - after watching all the shows and careful consideration - I'd put Coats on another tier in terms of design last night

that may give them an edge as the season progresses to join (BD & SCV) in the medals? time will tell - but their design is so good...

• Like 6

8 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. Let's hope it doesn't take four consecutive 2nds to win for them this time.

I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, as I was there. Not as bad as two brass guys who marched 82-87 (aged out) and 84-88 (aged out) respectively, though; at least they got SCV’s only two Ott trophies out of the deal. 

39 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Any idea on the paid attendance at the Detroit opener?

Was it greater, less or the same as Indy openers?

Yeah definitely looked better than Indy has the last few years. Don’t remember Indy ever having people out to the 10 yard lines

I was REALLY disappointed with all of the vocals (at least as they came across in the theater). If you are going to use vocals they should be at the same elite performance level as all the other aspects of the corps. Pitch, balance, blend, intonation all matter. I found the vocals in most cases became a distraction and not an enhancement (and I am not an anti vocals person). 

On 6/23/2018 at 4:58 PM, MusicManNJ said:

I was REALLY disappointed with all of the vocals (at least as they came across in the theater). If you are going to use vocals they should be at the same elite performance level as all the other aspects of the corps. Pitch, balance, blend, intonation all matter. I found the vocals in most cases became a distraction and not an enhancement (and I am not an anti vocals person). 

Funny, I had the opposite reaction. Found no glaring deficiency in quality.