Madison Scouts survey: all male v.s. Co ed

Madison Scouts survey  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Madison Scouts remain all male or go Co ed?

• Remain all male
    • Go Co ed

Recently the Madison scouts released a survey regarding the future of the corps. The first big issue addressed on the survey is whether the corps should stay all male or go Co ed. The results of this survey will be used to lead the Scouts in the right direction according to the Board of Directors.

what are your thoughts?

please vote in the poll and comment! 

Below is the link to the survey

https://goo.gl/forms/wWQ6eNmyOPfFgskw1

Edited by Dchristian125

I personally think that the corps should stay all male. It’s one of the oldest traditions that have remained and survived the changing of the activity with relations towards cavies and Scouts. It makes them special and unique in a positive way.

• Like 2

I appreciate the uniqueness of having an all male corps but they have been clearly struggling with talent levels in the last few years.  Going co-ed would double the talent available to them  or maybe they should go all female ;-)

43 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I think the fact that they are even asking the question indicates that they no longer have a compelling reason to limit their recruiting to only 50% of the available talent.

That could very well be the case if recruiting talent is the issue. Personally, I think Madison’s issues are more identity issues which recruiting women will not solve. Madison needs more compelling  shows that at the same time scream Madison. I have loved Madison for years, and while there have been some good efforts, there are times something is lacking. Recruiting woes would be the “Look, we’re doing something new” thing Madison may need, though I think much of it’s identity is being all male, but without a compelling show that says Madison, the results will be the same.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

I think the fact that they are even asking the question indicates that they no longer have a compelling reason to limit their recruiting to only 50% of the available talent.

What was the compelling reason before, and what happened to it?

Or did you really just mean they now have a reason not to limit...?

Personally, I’d much rather wait until this season is over before I make a judgement on the topic. If the Scouts are successful this season, then I don’t think there’s any real need to go co-ed. But if they fall out of Finals again, then I think it’s time.

• Like 2