2018 Uniforms!

20 minutes ago, craiga said:

Being around Boston last night, I can tell you that drum corps kids are STILL drum corps kids, and after nearly 40 years of being around this activity, I find great comfort in that.  Although their generation may well include a lot of self-entitled, lazy, snowflakes, NONE of those kids are in drum corps.  These kids are every bit as tough and hardworking as the kids who marched 20, 30 and 50 years ago.  Whether they are marching for Boston, Cadets, Crown, Blue Stars or anyone else, they have my complete respect.

Thank you Craiga - well said!

The members are not driving the activity - the designers are -- 

I agree that the art form needs to continually evolve - my hope is that the quality of the musical production does not suffer at the expense of visual innovations. My hope is that designers are not designing out musical excellence in order to expand the visual, dance side -- 

We have enjoyed some extremely entertaining shows over the years - if the music is supplanted with pre recorded electronics and if the main emphasis is placed on dance and visual/drill, we should start to raise the concern that although the new costumes are designed from the finest, lightest, most magnificent cloth the world has ever seen - at the end of the day, The Emperor Has No Clothes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, newBACmom said:

Thank you.

I second that welcome to you and your family! Have a great Summer w/ the BAC! Kick it!

Pit is amazingly talented and a joy to watch!!! Well done, all (including parentals and teachers).

Edited by CorpwithanS
additional
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Blue Stars:  some Home Depot, mostly Lowe's colors. Sorry Menards.

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and outdoor

You saw it here first.  Sorry, I'll level off.  Didn't mean to hammer it home.  Was just horsing around.  I'll try to be more constructive.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, skevinp said:

You saw it here first.  Sorry, I'll level off.  Didn't mean to hammer it home.  Was just horsing around.  I'll try to be more constructive.  

That show fits them like a glove.

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Edited by Jim Schehr

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

Nailed it. 

I am in favor of the planer look.