2018 Uniforms!

How the times change.  In the early 80's when my sister marched, my high school band in Indiana had a rep for "they play divinely but they wear all brown pants to hide that they don't march well."  By the time I was marching in the late 80s, we'd cleaned up big time on what was known as M and M, but weren't getting credit for it as the assumption was still there and we still ahd the all brown pants.  My junior year we put a sequin stripe down both legs and started to get credit.  So we went white pants with a brown stripe down the leg trimmed by orange my senior year with the new uniforms and the judges blew up with "wow, when did they learn to march all of a sudden?" 

Now everyone's hiding the legs and feet to focus on the shoulders and heads to show the intervals.

It's the one thing I missed about the Cadets when they went all black then went with the cossacks, Cadets marching was ALWAYS exposed with those West Point style uniforms and #### if they didn't clean them to look like little marching scissors by seasons end every year.

Edited by KVG_DC

19 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

I do NOT want to hear another word about Troopers' 2016 uniforms ever again.

jSpcA02.jpg

I didn't know Fix It Felix made an appearance last night!

9 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It's the one thing I missed about the Cadets when they went all black then went with the cossacks, Cadets marching was ALWAYS exposed with those West Point style uniforms and #### if they didn't clean them to look like little marching scissors by seasons end every year.

I think you'll be happy with the look this year

• Like 1

Just now, JoshClements403 said:

I think you'll be happy with the look this year

Based on the Slenderman sketch, it looks like the lighter color will pop the marching again.  I'm looking forward to seeing it.

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Yeah, they definitely stood out watching them last night.  I have to say, I like the uniforms.  The whole show is just cheesy and earnest and wears its heart on its sleeve, and the bright colors just go hand in hand with it.

Mike

yes, have fun with the show and enjoy it as much as the kids seem to enjoy preforming it, thats the point.  As far as dirty feet, if they are dirty they will be dirty. No matter what the shoe color you cant hide your feet from a judge. They are already using their yellow feet and gloves in choreographed ways to add to the visual effect of the show. The only cure for dirty feet is to clean them and get a pedicure, and then they will smell and look oh so sweet!!!!

Edited by brians

3 hours ago, Cainan said:

I'm not that bothered per se about the Blue Stars costumes, but I hope for their sake that their feet are clean... Those yellow shoes and pants bottoms will expose a plethora of sins...

cough Bluecoats 16 cough cough

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

It's the one thing I missed about the Cadets when they went all black then went with the CASSOCKS, Cadets marching was ALWAYS exposed with those West Point style uniforms and #### if they didn't clean them to look like little marching scissors by seasons end every year.

The clerical wear is known as a cAssock (with sleeves), a soutane (if sleeveless.)

It was Santa Clara back in the 70's who mimicked the Russian Cossacks when SCV did their Fiddler shows and bottle dances.