2018 Uniforms!

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I like the uniform.  I question the hoodie.  I’m no expert.  I’ll see how it looks in Mason. 

I'll be at the Mason show! I work 5 minutes away from Mason High School! 

• Like 1

Just now, DasTuba said:

I'll be at the Mason show! I work 5 minutes away from Mason High School! 

I think we’re in row 22.  On the inside aisle nearest the 50.   I’ll be wearing my CT shirt for the first half, then I’m changing into my Bloo shirt.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

My thought would be that if the uniforms were ordered by the former director and most likely a down payment was required, the corps might not have much of a choice regarding uniforms. Regarding the designer bailing, if I design that uniform, I’d bail too. Now before people who disagree start throwing rotten tomatoes at me,  the fashion world does not consult me about these matters and in the past, I have seen the designs, am less than impresssed, but like them when I see them, case in point being Troopers.

Does anyone know if corps hang onto past seasons' uniforms ?

If they do,the Cadets may have some options,even if it means losing a down payment.

I would think that YEA, as well as the fans ,wouldn't want to see anything that is, in any way,  associated with, or reminds them of GH,especially since,as I recall,the artist's sketch for the 2018 uniform wasn't  exactly met with rave reviews.

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I think we’re in row 22.  On the inside aisle nearest the 50.   I’ll be wearing my CT shirt for the first half, then I’m changing into my Bloo shirt.  

I'm in the 50, I can't remember which row, I'll have to look at my ticket when I get home, but I want to say around row 15 or so. I ran into a bluecoats alumni while I was at Kings island this weekend who says the kid he adopted was the wink guy! He performs at the Massillon show every year and says he'll be at the Mason show as well 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BRASSO said:

But they don't wear the same attire. Thus, they really don't look " uniform ". Only the military musical groups have " uniforms" that are uniform. The phrase ... " uniform "...is really a hold over from the same early military lineage that retains  the "  Bugle " in Drum & Bugle Corps. But... I don't care really what phrase is used. If I can get used to musical units with concert french horns, trombones, etc and the like referring to themselves as " Drum & Bugle Corps", I'm pretty sure I can get used to whatever phrase people want to use for the attire these units are wearing. " costumes ".. or " uniforms "... its all the same to me.

I am an admitted dinosaur (recognizing there is a problem is the first step), but I do like it when Guard uniforms are uniform 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I am an admitted dinosaur (recognizing there is a problem is the first step), but I do like it when Guard uniforms are uniform 

I'm a dino as well. I've come around to the fact that I'm probably not going to care all that much for todays modern DCI Corps look.

Corps are moving more and more into theme specific attire too, so right off the bat, I know the Cadet style uniforms and shakos for example are now just relics of the past for most Corps... especially with the so called Elite Corps in the World Class Division. As such, Phantom's 2018 chosen attire and headgear for this summer does not bother me much at all anymore. Not now here in 2018 anymore, anyway... lol

Edited by BRASSO

27 minutes ago, monoemono said:

Didn't these start out with the blue draped around the front and over both shoulders, and no silver sash? I seem to remember horns getting stuck in the fabric at an early-season show.

Yeah, they switched them out mid-season because we were getting a lot of feedback from the judges they they weren’t helping us from a visual standpoint. I don’t remember any horns getting caught up (I may have forgotten about it) but they were fragile and a pain to deal with. I guess Cesario was going through a lamé phase that year.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, year1buick said:

Yeah, they switched them out mid-season because we were getting a lot of feedback from the judges they they weren’t helping us from a visual standpoint. I don’t remember any horns getting caught up (I may have forgotten about it) but they were fragile and a pain to deal with. I guess Cesario was going through a lamé phase that year.

Good thing you added the accent.

• Haha 1