DCI Media Through the Years

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

You are right.  I haven’t checked in some time.  How sad.  

There are apps and websites out there to download you tube videos. Not that I would ever do that.......

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DAvery said:

There are apps and websites out there to download you tube videos. Not that I would ever do that.......

Thought for a while anyway YT had an app or something that would allow you to download what you watch. For a bleep of a monthly fee of course.....

10 hours ago, afoster87 said:

I haven’t kept up with he dci.org store much over the last 5 or so years but recently picked up a few cd sets. The 2015 and 2016 cd sets are no longer available. Does DCI still restock their inventory?

I remember something about part of the stink of the Tresona (anagram of "treason") deal being that once inventory was sold out it would not be restocked.

Big black market for drum corps recordings now.

Want to collect all DCI finals recordings back to 1972? Tresona doesn't care; it's all legalities with them, they're really not into the human/historical angle.

11 hours ago, afoster87 said:

I haven’t kept up with he dci.org store much over the last 5 or so years but recently picked up a few cd sets. The 2015 and 2016 cd sets are no longer available. Does DCI still restock their inventory?

First, I think 2015 and 2016 are still available on marchingmusicdownloads.com, and you can download high quality recordings, not just mp3, so if you can't get the actual CD's anymore, those will sound exactly the same.  You just have to make your own CD...I even think you can order the entire group of corps in a bundle for each year.

However, keep looking at the DCI store periodically, because I noticed things popping up after they had been missing for a month or so.  For example, the Essentials collection blu-rays: right now all three are listed, but there have been times where one or two were missing from the website.  So don't give up yet...but as someone else posted, there are many things that licensing will not allow to be restocked once they are sold out.  Sad.  

Check ebay regularly :)

On 6/9/2018 at 12:10 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Well, they have removed 1976.  #### them.  

Heh.  My first one was removed awhile back as well...

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who have converted your lps into digital files, what software have you used? Also, I’m not too satisfied with my current turntable so what would you all recommend for a turntable with or without conversion capabilities? I guess I’m just wondering what is the best method to convert from vinyl.

I’m still waiting for video from ‘81 Finals to be released.  There were video cameras; don’t tell me it wasn’t recorded.:sneaky: