Who will be the 12th place corps this year ?

12 minutes ago, goodmello said:

I would still consider it a concerning indication for a finals hopeful.

It was just a wish.  I don't do predictions. 

• Like 2

Gotta figure... if they build on their 2017 momentum, Mandarins have a good shot.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way... but it kinda sucks that for one or more corps to move into the elite top 12, one or more really good corps has to move out.  That top 15, top 17.... the quality level is amazing, all the way through.

5 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Gosh darn it Jeff... lol!!!!

sorry I'm a stickler for accuracy

• Haha 2

I'd probably put the Madison Scouts, Crossmen, and even the Blue Stars on notice. Just look back at how the Blue Stars surged from 14th to 8th back in '08. It's very possible the Mandarins could pull that off as well. I was very impressed and pleasantly surprised by them, last year. They are no longer performing Division II and III style shows and they have definitely proven that they are ready to move up to the next tier of Division I. So, by guesstimate, who drops out? I would say Crossmen drop out of finals by the slimmest of margins. The Madison Scouts settle in at 12th, Mandarins at 11th, and the Blue Stars barely above them in 10th. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

He has a very scientific methodology. :tongue:

Are you saying Jeff is into "Scientology":poke:

The dad jokes just keep on happening.:laughing:

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Reviewing 2008-1017, whenever the Blue Stars do well, Madison doesn't. I don't know what the Wisconsin recruiting factor is (other than female membership), but keep an eye on those two.

23 hours ago, onionhead said:

The 10th to 15th place corps battle gets stronger and stronger every year, what corps is going to get the final slot into finals this year ?

Honestly I just hope the 12th place corps  is the corps qualified/deserving to achieve that placement. There have been a couple of instances in the past where 12 and 13 should have been reversed imo.   Beyond this I hope the corps in the hunt for 12th  who entertains me the most gets in 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Are you saying Jeff is into "Scientology":poke:

The dad jokes just keep on happening.:laughing:

uh no. Good old fashion Lutheranism here. It's why I loved Glassmen 95 so much, they played our national anthem

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

uh no. Good old fashion Lutheranism here. It's why I loved Glassmen 95 so much, they played our national anthem

That was "A Joyful Celebration" for sure.