Who will be the 12th place corps this year ?

Who knows! If they’re any good I’ll see them the next night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

uh no. Good old fashion Lutheranism here. It's why I loved Glassmen 95 so much, they played our national anthem

Are you talking about the theme to “Davey and Goliath?” That was a great show (I’m talking about Glassmen in 95, not the famous Claymation show though I enjoyed it as a kid). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

That was "A Joyful Celebration" for sure.

Thanks be To God

16 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Mandarins have the best concept out of the 12-15 IMO.  If done right they can easily take the cake.

There might be about 4 or 5 corps that would disagree with you on that! :happy:

As we ponder this topic, perhaps the real question is - who will drop out? As Mandarins, Academy, Colts, Troopers, PC and all work to get better... so are Madison, Crossmen, Blue Stars and everyone else! 

And because of this battle, as noted above, the 11-15  corps produce higher quality performances every year. The real winner is us!

I have a feeling 2018 is going to be a great season for everyone! 

• Like 1

I just took a look at some of the Phantom Regiment uniform pics from a recent parade and they sure look young.  They may need to be considered one of the corps at risk of dropping out of the top 12.  They have been stagnant to dropping over the past few years.

I love Regiment and would hate to see that happen.  However, this is something to be considered.  The upcoming concert will give us a good idea where they stand musically at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

Pc looking for members not a good sign .

SO are CADETS  . 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I just took a look at some of the Phantom Regiment uniform pics from a recent parade and they sure look young.  They may need to be considered one of the corps at risk of dropping out of the top 12.  They have been stagnant to dropping over the past few years.

I love Regiment and would hate to see that happen.  However, this is something to be considered.  The upcoming concert will give us a good idea where they stand musically at this point.

I just checked out their FB, and I completely agree with you.  I'm not sure about their average age, but they definitely seem to have a smaller presence than usual.  

I would like another season, which we haven’t seen since 2013 or so, where maybe only 10 corps (instead of 11) establish themselves throughout the season as solid locks for Saturday night. The last couple seasons have seen the 11th place corps heading into Semis at least a point or two above 12 - 14 (and not particularly vulnerable to anyone below them), but with Academy & Mandarins (and potentially any of the Troop/Colts/Spirit/Crest/OC tier) appearing to be ready to fire on all cylinders this year, we could see a pack of four to six corps splitting captions amongst themselves up until Indy, and leaving 11th - 15th or so unclear until the announcements on Friday are made. I’ll never say no to a season of multiple bubble groups performing great shows at their best!