Who will be the 12th place corps this year ?

On 6/6/2018 at 8:41 PM, goodmello said:

I would still consider it a concerning indication for a finals hopeful.

Phantom Regiment in 2010 marched at the Louisville show with a few holes that they were looking to fill. They made finals easily. Lol.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 8:19 AM, Old Corps Guy said:

Are you saying Jeff is into "Scientology":poke:

Gotta be honest.... Tom Cruise is definitely better-looking.  :tongue:

IMO the wildcard under 12 is BDB. Every year they inch up a little more. They always upset the apple cart because after Cali, they're on the Open tour. Yes, same sheets, but totally different world until you roll into Indy. SCVC has made noise at times too, but BDB has been the consistent "hmmmmmm" corps the last few years. Usually their score at prelims holds the top spot for a loooooong time

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

IMO the wildcard under 12 is BDB. Every year they inch up a little more. They always upset the apple cart because after Cali, they're on the Open tour. Yes, same sheets, but totally different world until you roll into Indy. SCVC has made noise at times too, but BDB has been the consistent "hmmmmmm" corps the last few years. Usually their score at prelims holds the top spot for a loooooong time

Very true. But the BDB issue really opens up a can of worms with some people. I have friends that are emphatically against OC corps marching in the WC Prelims.  

Although BDB has to prove it on the field like everyone else (and they do that very well) - I have to admit, my friends do have a point. BDB will only march like 13 shows a season, compared with 24-26 from a WC corps. That's a big difference in daily stress, fatigue and rehearsal time. Would it be acceptable for any Top 12 corps to only do 13 shows a year?

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Gotta be honest.... Tom Cruise is definitely better-looking.  :tongue:

to you

6 minutes ago, PricklyPear said:

Very true. But the BDB issue really opens up a can of worms with some people. I have friends that are emphatically against OC corps marching in the WC Prelims.  

Although BDB has to prove it on the field like everyone else (and they do that very well) - I have to admit, my friends do have a point. BDB will only march like 13 shows a season, compared with 24-26 from a WC corps. That's a big difference in daily stress, fatigue and rehearsal time. Would it be acceptable for any Top 12 corps to only do 13 shows a year?

true, but we saw it happen with Magic in 2002. Sure in many senses of the word they were World Class, but coming back in DCI made them do Open....err D2/3 ( and 2002 d2/3 finals  was one of the best energy filled shows i've ever watched).

I get why people would be upset. it also shows the one little flaw in WC/OC in that competition results aren't considered at all. 

8 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Phantom Regiment in 2010 marched at the Louisville show with a few holes that they were looking to fill. They made finals easily. Lol.

Ya, sure. I'm not saying it's not possible, just not the best indicator of a growing corps.  Also, I think we can agree that things might be more competitive now-a-days?  Things have changed a bit I'd say.

3 hours ago, goodmello said:

Ya, sure. I'm not saying it's not possible, just not the best indicator of a growing corps.  Also, I think we can agree that things might be more competitive now-a-days?  Things have changed a bit I'd say.

So are you saying that Phantom Regiment 2010 wouldn't make finals now...?