Audubon bon bons

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Oh those TALL TAILS of the past..

There are no TALL TAILS here, and why are you shouting?

" tall tails " are unusually large behinds.

Who are you posting had large rear ends in the past ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

There are no TALL TAILS here, and why are you shouting?

" tall tails " are unusually large behinds.

Who are you posting had large rear ends in the past ?

Maybe I meant exactly what I wroteRelated image

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, BRASSO said:

It was this 1957 AL National Championship Finals competition, that the prevailing thought in some quarters were that the Audubon Bon Bons should have won, but the " good ol' boys " at the time in the Vets Organization and in the judging ranks would not permit an " All Female  Corps " to be its National Champion. An All Male Corps won... Cadets. This All Female Corps sure came close though if we look at the score ( over a dozen All Male Corps competed in the prelims in '57 too). The Audubon, N.J.  Bon Bons Corps won Percussion too if I'm not mistaken at this '57 National Championship.

I have read/heard the same thing, and that is a shame if true. No doubt both the Bon Bons and the Cadets were both excellent corps in 57, so we'll never know the reality. I also think you are correct about them winning percussion. Just an amazing corps back then, before my time ( I was 3 1/2 in 57!). 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I have read/heard the same thing, and that is a shame if true. No doubt both the Bon Bons and the Cadets were both excellent corps in 57, so we'll never know the reality. I also think you are correct about them winning percussion. Just an amazing corps back then, before my time ( I was 3 1/2 in 57!). 

2nd place supporters always  have a conspiracy of why they didn't make 1st

same of 3rd to 2nd , so on and so on but who knows pre DCI pretty much could do anything they wanted with little accountability. Some called it exciting, some called it inconsistent, and for some, some called it crooked, fixed, political, etc etc.....Now back to Fox news...Oh wait...lol

Truth, according to those there, both were excellent corps.

Side note, 2007 The HNC from that year had a banquet on the Floor of that championship with members from the win.                                                                            The 1957 members singing the corps song.

Very moving  from an Iconic drum corps on You Tube ( 50th anniversary of the win )Image result for 1957 holy name cadets

Image result for 1957 audubon bon bons

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

2nd place supporters always  have a conspiracy of why they didn't make 1st

same of 3rd to 2nd , so on and so on but who knows pre DCI pretty much could do anything they wanted with little accountability. Some called it exciting, some called it inconsistent, and for some, some called it crooked, fixed, political, etc etc.....Now back to Fox news...Oh wait...lol

Truth, according to those there, both were excellent corps.

Side note, 2007 The HNC from that year had a banquet on the Floor of that championship with members from the win.                                                                            The 1957 members singing the corps song.

Very moving  from an Iconic drum corps on You Tube ( 50th anniversary of the win )Image result for 1957 holy name cadets

Image result for 1957 audubon bon bons

no visible yardmarkers or hash-marks either...as the corps does it's prance step.

hncpic2.jpg 

• Like 1

Like Fran, my old drum corps competed against the Bon Bons in the mid 60s thru the mid 70s many times.
They were always always an excellent show, full of class.  Loved their uniforms as well.

Shame there are no more All Girl Corps anymore.

• Like 2

A few weeks ago, I went to Wildwood, NJ for the Elks Parade and many BonBons were hanging at Kelly's, the unofficial drum corps hang out.  They were cool.

They were formidable competitors to any Pennsylvania/NJ corps in the 70's.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 7:50 PM, GUARDLING said:

Maybe I meant exactly what I wroteRelated image

Oh how threads migrate...

• Haha 1