Does anyone want to party in Vegas in August?

Hey all, I live in Las Vegas. Most years I host a small party at the house for Finals, but I'm gauging interest to see if drum corps folks in the Vegas area would be interested in watching Finals at a bar instead. I figure we can get more people that way, and people I don't (yet) know can join without having to come to a stranger's house. I'll coordinate the bar and event, but want to make sure I have enough people to make it worthwhile.

Note, if anyone responds on here and the event does not happen, I'll still be throwing a viewing party at the house and any/all DCP folks are welcome.

Sorry if there was a better place to post this one.

Two hour drive for me from SW Utah.  Unless a bar is going to reserve a private room for you on a Saturday night, it might be hard to dedicate a screen or two for a "band" contest.  Your home would be OK for me and a hell of a lot cheaper without the locals dissing your group.  Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Two hour drive for me from SW Utah.  Unless a bar is going to reserve a private room for you on a Saturday night, it might be hard to dedicate a screen or two for a "band" contest.  Your home would be OK for me and a hell of a lot cheaper without the locals dissing your group.  Just a thought.

Not sure if you're familiar with the area, I'm talking the marketing manager at Remedy's on St. Rose. She's giving me their separate dining area if I can get enough people (we're still discussing what 'enough' is) since we'll be ordering food/drinks all night. The room has two TVs already, and if we get the whole room I'm going to get a projector screen for the laptop too.

And let me know if you're in town Ghost! St. George isn't far at all, would love to have a few more folks!

I know how to get to the airport, about a half dozen of the softball fields I've played on when Vegas has tournaments, several hotels (stayed at the Oasis in April; a pretty good find), so my map app should do the job.  Next time in Vegas will be next Thursday.  I usually go to Sam's Town, but I'd be glad to join you and your posse at any of the other Vegas theaters.  I've never bought tickets in advance at ST, so let me know if you choose another location if it's a good idea to by tickets ahead of time.